North Carolina

In beautiful Sylva :) i may be asking on the wrong forum...but im looking for a few Brahma hens,pullets or even chicks, hopefully in the general vicinity of WNC...ive been looking for a year locally and only found 1:( does anyone have any suggestions, other than mail order?

I'm looking for guinea,peafowl and turkey eggs. Also red or silver Dorkings. Live 50 miles south of Fayetteville.

Try the Guinea Fowl International site for a list of breeders. I buy from a breeder out of Raleigh, but that's a bit away from you. They had several breeders in NC when I looked the last time. You can always order from a hatchery if that's an option for you.

In beautiful Sylva :) i may be asking on the wrong forum...but im looking for a few Brahma hens,pullets or even chicks, hopefully in the general vicinity of WNC...ive been looking for a year locally and only found 1:( does anyone have any suggestions, other than mail order?

Chick days at TSC are over, but check other feed stores. We've got one here that has chicks almost all year- much longer than chick days.

I have 2 week old red Dorkings. Can't keep them all. They are part of a breeding project. Some flaws, but that's the way it is with this breed right now. I think I have 6 or 7.

Good morning folks and welcome to all the new folks
frow.gif

Turkeys are seasonal layers and some folks who have them, their birds
may have quit laying for the year. I have Calico Sweet Grass turkeys and

some mixed breed turkeys. Mine are still laying but I expect them to quit soon
with the coming heat wave. Many folks do sell on here as the moderators
will pull the post and give out infractions for selling. All I can suggest is look
at folks profiles ad send PMs to them asking if they have anything for sale.
hmm.png

hope everyone has a good day
jumpy.gif

I know for sure Little Birdie Hatchery in Wake Forest (Raleigh area) had Brahmas. Coop ready pullets not laying yet, if I remember correctly.

Two more broody hens here! One of my first time broodies didn't have any eggs hatch and wouldn't take the chicks I bought. My old faithful, Mother Clucker, went broody too so I've been on the hunt for hatching eggs for her since I have two others sitting on 10 eggs each from my flock...need some fresh genes :) My hens have always gone broody in April, June at the latest so I'm not sure what's different about this year?

Hey everybody, Hubby and I have discussed it, and it looks like it will be August/early September before we can afford to have the tractor built. Is that too late to start? I want about 8 hens, 2 EE's for my daughter and a good mix of friendly brown layers so I can tell them all apart. Given that now, I am Chicken obsessed I am spending all my free time trying to get my "chicks" in a row so to speak. I live just west of Winston-Salem and found this on Craigslist https://www.facebook.com/MargaretsRoost?fref=ts Is anybody familiar with them?  I like that they sell younger pullets, (5 to 7 weeks old) young enough to still form a bond with us but I don't have to worry this first time with a brooder etc. They can go straight into the coop. Any other suggestions of where to go or what to get that I can buy along to have ready? Dang this obsessive personality that won't let me just be patient and wait lol!

Hey neighbor! I live in Winston Salem! :)
I know a reputable breeder in mocksville that has black Australorp pullets if you're interested! I got two from her a couple of weeks ago and we love them.

Good morning y'all! Hope you had a great weekend!
Mine was spent fencing off my garden (sorry girls....salad bar is closed!)
Got my old large dog crate from my dads yesterday and turned it into my broody breaker box!(Thanks to all for that advice!) Cecelia spent the night in it on a roosting pole. I let them out to free range earlier and she fluffed up and headed straight for the old coop....looks like she's gonna need a few days in the broody breaker instead of just one night. Stubborn old girl, but I just don't have the means to have chicks running around everywhere. I wish I could! I love hearing about the babies y'all are getting from your broodies! Maybe one day I can have a place with unlimited space and no ordinances.

Back
Top Bottom