North Carolina

I need some help!

We are moving in October to the pope aaf area. We desperately want to be able to have chickens and I'm having a hard time with finding an area to live.

I'm looking in the areas east of lake surf to spring lake and up to Sanford (not all the way, just 1/2 or so). Dh likes to be within 20mins of the base. I cannot figure out what is inside and outside of city limits, we'd prefer a more country setting.

If anyone can give me specific areas to look at, I'd be ever so grateful!

Thanks!

I need some help!

We are moving in October to the pope aaf area. We desperately want to be able to have chickens and I'm having a hard time with finding an area to live.

I'm looking in the areas east of lake surf to spring lake and up to Sanford (not all the way, just 1/2 or so). Dh likes to be within 20mins of the base. I cannot figure out what is inside and outside of city limits, we'd prefer a more country setting.

If anyone can give me specific areas to look at, I'd be ever so grateful!

Thanks!

Well good luck on finding a place around that area. While I was stationed at Bragg it was a free for all on the cheaper housing and about borderline ridiculous on the prices for the better places.

I personally would look around the Lillington area, and between Sanford and Lillington

Also to add I got a "hen" that crows.?! I'm thinking its a rooster at this point but I have no idea. I also don't remember what type of chicken it is...any help?

It looks like a rooster. I'm not sure what breed.

Also to add I got a "hen" that crows.?! I'm thinking its a rooster at this point but I have no idea. I also don't remember what type of chicken it is...any help?

Wyandotte rooster and looks to be a bantam
More pics that I need an ID on what kind. DH doesn't remember what they were either. Lol. I just see "pretty chicken" let's get it!
smile.png

And this guy that doesn't crow
blue andalusian mixed rooster
And this one who is insane
game rooster
And my pretty little bantam girl
the only girl.
We have then all "quarantined" until we know they're not sick

Well good luck on finding a place around that area.  While I was stationed at Bragg it was a free for all on the cheaper housing and about borderline ridiculous on the prices for the better places.

I personally would look around the Lillington area, and between Sanford and Lillington

Lol. Thanks. We're actually pretty pleased with the selection. It's so much better than here in Oklahoma! I just have no idea where they allow chickens lol. Reading through the ordinances is difficult on a phone.

Lol. Thanks. We're actually pretty pleased with the selection. It's so much better than here in Oklahoma! I just have no idea where they allow chickens lol. Reading through the ordinances is difficult on a phone.

You also need to be mindful of HOAs when shopping about. I do know
of place for sale up the road from me in the Linden area......actually a
couple of places. One I'm sure would allow most anything and the other
I'm not so sure. Good luck in your search.

Question about transporting chickens in this heat. We are picking up 6 13 week old Rock barred pullets about 2 hours away. The plan is to use two pet taxis- 3 per. They will have to ride in the bed of the truck up against the cab. Or should we do 2 per box?

Alright guys I have a test. Have a duckling that I can't figure out what the heck is wrong. It can't move it's right leg. Checked for breaks...nothing obvious. What can I do? I have wrapped a chickens leg and it grew back into place but never a duck. Any advice??

Another foot

I have a total of 3 acres for them so I let them free range,[COLOR=333333] and put them up at night.  So I guess when I get the rest of the gent's flock I will give the other male away. But it should be fine having the male bantam around?[/COLOR] 

So anyone want an about a 10 week old Leghorn Cockerel?

It most likely will vary depending on their personalities and willingness to accept their places in the pecking. I've see it go both ways

Back
Top Bottom