North Carolina

The Cape Fear Poultry show is March 12 2016 at the Johnston Livestock Arena. Don't know about the rest, but MattNC probably does.

The Winston-Salem show has also been announced by the Forsyth Fowl Fanciers. It is the last Saturday of March(Mar 26) like every year at the Dixie Classic Fairgrounds. Haven't heard anything about Salisbury or Greensboro.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share a pic of my poor Sweet Pea - her first time having to wear her apron. She's not too happy about it! Look at that face! LOL
When I first put an apron on one of my hens, she seemed fine at first. Then she turned around and saw that strange contraption on her back, squawked, and ran around the yard at top speed. Then she'd calm down for a while, until she happened to look behind her again, and the same thing would repeat itself. I think she thought it was trying to eat her.
lau.gif

How did yours react?

When I first put an apron on one of my hens, she seemed fine at first. Then she turned around and saw that strange contraption on her back, squawked, and ran around the yard at top speed. Then she'd calm down for a while, until she happened to look behind her again, and the same thing would repeat itself. I think she thought it was trying to eat her.
lau.gif

How did yours react?
LOL! Yep - it was pretty similar! She was great about letting me put it on her, but when she got into the run, she kept suddenly running like something was after her! Of course, that got our roo worked up, and he gave the apron a few good pecks like he was trying to save her from it! It didn't take too long for her to settle down, though. LOL

Back
Top Bottom