North Carolina

My local Southern States will be getting some chicks in the day after I will be needing them. So I will probably be getting from them. Does anybody know what they usually charge and if they get them vaccinated?

Quote: Keep in mind when doing your project that nothing will grow as fast or as big as a cornish rock cross (these are a cross breed bred to grow huge fast). That being said, most hatchery birds are no longer close to what you would get from a true breeder of said breed. IE a barred rock from a hatchery will be smaller than a barred rock from a breeder. Hatchery birds also seem to mature sooner (have read in several areas that it's due to the leghorn crossed in way back to boost egg laying, don't know how true it is though). I would recommend going to the Cape Fear Poultry Association show March 12th in Smithfeild to see just how big some of these breeds are. Cape Fear Poultry Association does have a face book page for anyone interested in maybe going or just looking into it.

Good luck with your chicks and project.

I'm excited to find this thread. We are new to chickens and live in Forsyth County.
frow.gif
Our chicks are getting close to moving outside. They are 7 weeks and 5 weeks tomorrow. They are currently in the garage with a heat lamp.

Hey there I'm from Warren county NC between Warrenton and louisburg. Been having chickens for about 8 months and must say I'm loving it. We have chickens ( rirs and some mixed ) and Cayuga ducks and three pot belly pigs with one of them prego. Oh and the girlfriend has conned me into dwarf Nigerian dairy goats.

Back
Top Bottom