North Carolina

Any one have a Golden Laced Wyandotte rooster they would like to get rid of? I have two but they are brothers and the hens I have are their sisters. Would like to hatch more next year but I am not crazy about inbreeding.
Are you trying to sell the roosters you have? My GLW's just suffered a predator attack and I lost my rooster. I am only considering, but I might get another and I am looking for them.

I am only of a mind to get rid of one unless I can find one to keep the breed going in my flock. they are only weeks (or so) old so if you want one I got one!

For those of you moving near to the Charlotte area, once you get settled in feel free to reach out to me for fertile eggs or if you need them hatched when you get them I can do that as well. I currently have Golden Laced Wyandottes and Black Copper Marans. I get my feed from a guy who has his own mill in Midland. He also has horse feed and a few other feeds I dont need currently. He gets his supplies locally (Statesville I think he said) and his prices are fair.

I am only of a mind to get rid of one unless I can find one to keep the breed going in my flock. they are only weeks (or so) old so if you want one I got one!

For those of you moving near to the Charlotte area, once you get settled in feel free to reach out to me for fertile eggs or if you need them hatched when you get them I can do that as well. I currently have Golden Laced Wyandottes and Black Copper Marans. I get my feed from a guy who has his own mill in Midland. He also has horse feed and a few other feeds I dont need currently. He gets his supplies locally (Statesville I think he said) and his prices are fair.
So you are located in Charlotte? How old is a few weeks old? Mine are about 9 weeks old.

Oh no, I am so sorry! I recently lost 5 8 week old babies to a weasel.  I was soooo upset!  What were you raising them for?  

Because we like them. We had about 175ish. Estimates are around 1/4 gone.
1f622.png

I haven't been on in a while, doesn't seem as long as it's actually been! I see I'm not the only one struggling with predators. I spent last week shoring up the coop and the very next day, caught a hawk stuck inside it! Certainly explained some missing youngsters. I couldn't quite figure out what was getting them. I still think I might have an issue with a fox or an opossum, though. As an aside, what are the laws in NC regarding hawks that attack livestock? I know I could google it but I have four kids that started back school today and am busy as all get out and you guys are awesome :)

I've had a mess of broody hens this year. I am also in the too many roosters boat. They are backyard blends so I know they are destined for the stew pot but this year I've had a time getting rid of them. I usually have multiple responses for free roosters when I post on Craigslist..."I'll come get them now!" But this year nothing. @doubleatraining do you still take free roosters? If so I may pay you a visit this weekend!

@dutchbunny83 , so sorry to hear you have to downsize your flock. Where are you moving to? Good luck with everything...if I were closer I'd be all over the livestock fencing!!

I haven't been on in a while, doesn't seem as long as it's actually been!  I see I'm not the only one struggling with predators. I spent last week shoring up the coop and the very next day, caught a hawk stuck inside it! Certainly explained some missing youngsters. I couldn't quite figure out what was getting them. I still think I might have an issue with a fox or an opossum, though. As an aside, what are the laws in NC regarding hawks that attack livestock? I know I could google it but I have four kids that started back school today and am busy as all get out and you guys are awesome :)

I've had a mess of broody hens this year. I am also in the too many roosters boat. They are backyard blends so I know they are destined for the stew pot but this year I've had a time getting rid of them. I usually have multiple responses for free roosters when I post on Craigslist..."I'll come get them now!"  But this year nothing.  @doubleatraining
do you still take free roosters? If so I may pay you a visit this weekend! 

@dutchbunny83
, so sorry to hear you have to downsize your flock. Where are you moving to?  Good luck with everything...if I were closer I'd be all over the livestock fencing!! 

Afaik, hawks are protected regardless. Pinwheels seemed to help quite a bit, if that helps anything.

Because we like them. We had about 175ish. Estimates are around 1/4 gone.
1f622.png
I am so sorry! I feel for you! After the last predator attack, I made a resolution to give the remaining ones as good a life as possible and make sure that if any more die it will NOT be my fault. I kinda held myself responsible for the first time.

I haven't been on in a while, doesn't seem as long as it's actually been! I see I'm not the only one struggling with predators. I spent last week shoring up the coop and the very next day, caught a hawk stuck inside it! Certainly explained some missing youngsters. I couldn't quite figure out what was getting them. I still think I might have an issue with a fox or an opossum, though. As an aside, what are the laws in NC regarding hawks that attack livestock? I know I could google it but I have four kids that started back school today and am busy as all get out and you guys are awesome :)

I've had a mess of broody hens this year. I am also in the too many roosters boat. They are backyard blends so I know they are destined for the stew pot but this year I've had a time getting rid of them. I usually have multiple responses for free roosters when I post on Craigslist..."I'll come get them now!" But this year nothing. @doubleatraining do you still take free roosters? If so I may pay you a visit this weekend!

@dutchbunny83 , so sorry to hear you have to downsize your flock. Where are you moving to? Good luck with everything...if I were closer I'd be all over the livestock fencing!!
Oh, wow! What did you do with the hawk? I think all raptors are protected though.

Back
Top Bottom