North Carolina

I didn't really think about the hurricanes that blew through last year, so I really appreciate the reminder as that eases my worries a little bit. I've been really worried since my Mom told me that the meteorologist specifically mentioned our area. I haven't heard/watched the news so I need to do that. I thought I'd bring my littlest ones (OEGB's, Serama, Dutch and silkies) inside the shop whenever it starts and for the night, but I know they'd be more content in their coop. I admit that I'm one that worries way too much over everything. Four of my coops weren't here last year and two of them are prefabs (one houses a silkie and a Naked Neck and the other houses a silkie, 2 Dutch Bantams and a Serama) so I'm most concerned about 3 coops in particular. Do you think anchoring them down with ratcheting straps to the ground will be helpful? @3KillerBs

How did everyone do with the storm line? I think a gap formed over me because we only got a little wind and a short burst of intense rain.
We must be pretty close. Same thing here. It looked like it was going to get rough several times with the color of the sky and overall feel, but it was a really nice day. We got a heavy shower with some winds between 6:30 and 7:30. The night was clear and I was out fishing for minnows to give my ducks until after 9pm. It's been more windy today. I noticed a lot of people were angry with the meteorologist but I'm just thankful for answered prayers!

Hi,

I'm in Tarboro, NC. New here. Looking potentially to see if anyone has some hatching eggs locally in the area for sale? I recently tried incubating shipped eggs with no success.

Lynette

Back
Top Bottom