North Carolina

HELLO NC BYC FOLKS!! New kid on the block signing in from Morganton NC, in Burke county. Looking for golden Comet and Saphire Gem roosers for brood cocks.
There’s a guy out in morganton, Hunt Creek Farms, that sells chickens sometimes. I’ve bought rabbits and such from him before, he takes good care of his animals.

I have 7 baby chicks that need a new home. Born 2/3/2023. Must stay together straight run. Local pick-up in Conover. Barred olive eggers. Father is barred cuckoo marans and mothers are easter eggers. Clean healthy environment and chicks are strong and healthy no issues 7 out of 8 eggs hatched.

Hey all I have a question about selling eggs.

We have a 14 bird flock that over produces for my family of 4. Until now we just give them away to family and friends as we enjoy the chicken keeping hobby. Recently I’ve been teaching my son about working hard and understanding money so we thought it would be fun to turn some of his hard work into a few bucks in the piggy bank. We get about 4-5 extra dozen a week that we would sell on places that are easy like Nextdoor.

My question is: does anyone know the hoops you gotta jump through for this to be legit. I don’t want to go online making a paper trail to something that isn’t legit in the states eyes. I’d just as soon not sell them at all if there’s a big to do about it.

Anyone know the rules or know where I could find such rules for selling a few dozen eggs each week. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom