North Carolina

Are these still available?

No, but I have a new batch coming up. About 12 weeks old or so -- hatched October 9th.

I haven't sorted them out very well yet, but there are several handsome Australorp x Silver-Laced Cochin and Austra-Wyan-Orp males as well as some females in those crosses.

I am not sure if I have any pure Australorps available out of the October hatch or not.

No, but I have a new batch coming up. About 12 weeks old or so -- hatched October 9th.

I haven't sorted them out very well yet, but there are several handsome Australorp x Silver-Laced Cochin and Austra-Wyan-Orp males as well as some females in those crosses.

I am not sure if I have any pure Australorps available out of the October hatch or not.
Ahhh okay! We're butchering a round of cornish X next weekend and was interested in that! We actually got a flock of 40 today (SLW, Black australorp, RIR, Buff rocks, Barred rocks) 30 hens and 10 roos and were going to keep some roos as breeding stock and butchering the rest. We typically do not raise meat birds in the winter but we're low in the freezer so bit the bullet and did a round of 25. Ready for spring and chick season! If you ever wanted to rehome a cochin pullet or hen let me know. They are my favorite breed of what I own!

Ahhh okay! We're butchering a round of cornish X next weekend and was interested in that! We actually got a flock of 40 today (SLW, Black australorp, RIR, Buff rocks, Barred rocks) 30 hens and 10 roos and were going to keep some roos as breeding stock and butchering the rest. We typically do not raise meat birds in the winter but we're low in the freezer so bit the bullet and did a round of 25. Ready for spring and chick season! If you ever wanted to rehome a cochin pullet or hen let me know. They are my favorite breed of what I own!

We only have one Cochin and she's my son's pet hen so she's permanent.

The girl is an overachiever. She was molting and ought not to have been laying at all, but I have 5 crosses to prove that she was going strong mid-molt.

Does anyone know of a local mill near Cumberland? I’m willing to go to any of the surrounding counties. I’ve killed half my day today looking for food. It’s not a problem with finding food but a problem of finding fresh food. I use all flock crumble and my local tsc had dates of 5/2022 on their purina all flock. Looked at the dumor starter dates on that was 3/22. They had nutrena nature wise with a Nov date but it was ripped open. Went to a local mom and pop store and their date was feb 2022. Left there hit another tsc and their dates were the same as the first. Ended up grabbing a Nov dated nutrena there.

I’m not sure if this is food they have had in the back stocked up and just now decided to put it out or if the company is shipping out the foods with these dates.

I’d be willing to travel to moore, hoke, Sampson, harnett, benson, or bladen.

Back
Top Bottom