North Carolina

Have you thought of Craigslist or FB you might find someone interested. Plus we have a rehoming forum on here just keep scrolling down past the duck forum. Bless you for rescuing and taking care of it till you find a home.

Great pictures♥️ my Runner drake lost his drake feather a few months ago so I don’t think we can go by that this time of year. Hopefully the more comfortable it gets the more talk able.
Looks to be blk Swedish
Are you thinking of keeping it? If so I’d try and find some friends since it’s going to be lonely. good to hear it’s eating and drinkin

Have you thought of Craigslist or FB you might find someone interested. Plus we have a rehoming forum on here just keep scrolling down past the duck forum. Bless you for rescuing and taking care of it till you find a home.
Silly question, can it fly at all? Like some chickens can fly enough to escape if they want to. If I leave the duck in the fenced area attached to the run, can it fly enough to get out? It's only a 3 ft high garden fence. I like to keep it away from the woods edge where foxes can easily attack and snag it.

Run started yesterday, work on the coop later today after finished with the flea market.
Tomorrow work on closing everything in and wheels. Hopefully done before back to work on Tuesday.
20230903_081136.jpg

It seems to make both types of quacks. Mostly soft whispery when I talk to it, but then it quacks a little too. The louder quacks are when I walk away or it's alone, which unfortunately is most of the time.
I'm going to try to get a video or two of its sounds. I let it out of the run most evenings for 30-40 minutes while I sit with it. I'm in and out most days talking to it and of course cleaning up its messy water pans! It's not totally alone. If I can't find anyone near me to take it would someone from that rescue you know of be willing to meet half way?

Back
Top Bottom