North Carolina

Have you put an ad on craigslist? also maybe at a close feed store. They may know someone who has ducks and usually they have a bulletin board to put up ads. Some animal shelters will take ducks and a vet may know of a rehabber.

That’s awesome what’s the name of the place?
Possumwood acres

Possumwood acres
That is great you were able to find a place to take him/her did they know the sex?

Thanks for the name I'll save it so if anyone else needs a safe place to take a rescue I'll be able to share. Bless you for going the extra mile for this duck.

Last edited:
That is great you were able to find a place to take him/her did they know the sex?

Thanks for the name I'll save it so if anyone else needs a safe place to take a rescue I'll be able to share. Bless you for going the extra mile for this duck.
I don't think they take chickens. It's mostly wild animals but they have some ducks. She thought female but they're so busy. She was carrying around a baby squirrel while trying to help us and answer the phone.

Quick question as we're new to NC (4 year's now), what do we need to do for our chickens coming into the winter here in NC?
They need a dry place to roost, with a windbreak.

They need a source of water that isn't frozen.

Aside from that I can't think of anything. I'm about 90 minutes' drive east of you, and in a zone that's a little more temperate.

Back
Top Bottom