North Carolina

allabout most likely it is your girls you know the I was here first rule. seems they should have worked it out by now. it's always a concern when introducing new chickens to the flock because it upsets the pecking order.. them girls.
tongue.png

allabout most likely it is your girls you know the I was here first rule. seems they should have worked it out by now. it's always a concern when introducing new chickens to the flock because it upsets the pecking order.. them girls.
tongue.png

and new how exciting for you. you'll be rolling in chickens before you know it...
wink.png
as long as you keep a thick layer of shaving on the floor the chickens should be fine and less mites with concrete..
big_smile.png

Good Morning eveyone! I should start to have pips today and chicks tomorrow.
fl.gif
Going to be a long day of waiting to see pips.
tongue.png
Should have something exciting going in the bator tomorrow.
tongue2.gif
clap.gif

I sure wish this weather would dry up so I can get back out to the gardens. Still have things to plant, weed and uncover. Glads are already coming up!
big_smile.png

Oh, oh and did I tell ya the bees will be here next month....(yes I did but have to say it again
tongue.png
) Come on pollination!!
wee.gif

Its still raining! I love my temperate rainforest!!! My feathered kids love it too. Makes them prettier, and less itchy! My big kids (gs dogs) not so much, no playing in the mud! Lil babies graduated from da box in the kitchen! Now they have a 4x4x3 pen in the basement! Ray and Brunswick are living it up outside mostly! I have been bringing them in at night, they sleep next to the babies!
Yay for a great weekend forecast! Yay for building coops and more flocks! Yay for hatching! And yahoo for St. Pattys Day Angry Birds ( truly addicted)!

Last edited:
Quote:
good morning everyone - first of all best of luck with the hatch, HenThymes

still calling for more rain and saying some sever weather..

I just had to share my hatch this morning - I will have to get more pics when they are in the brooder
I set 7x sets and all 6 that delevoped hatched. I am so excited 6x splash cochin added to my flock
ya.gif

32670_100_0068.jpg

NewHomesteader2010 - Don't worry, this weekend is going to be GORGEOUS for building!!! Congrats!

HenThymes - I hope to start seeing some pictures from you tomorrow, first thing!
smile.png

ourlittleflock - oh my gosh!!!! They are way cute! I'm going nuts needing to see little fuzzies. I'm getting impatient already. MORE PICTURES!!!!

HT - Good luck on your hatch!! and
fl.gif
those bees!! Care to send some my way to do some pollination?? Oh, guess that means I have to have more than lettuce & peas in the ground first!!
gig.gif

OLF -
celebrate.gif
congratulations on your hatch!!
pop.gif
They are adorable...can't wait to see more!!
droolin.gif

Well...first off...
love.gif
Hubby comes home today from his business meeting in California!!
celebrate.gif
I am SUPER excited because that means tomorrow & Saturday....SHOPPING FOR COOP MATERIALS!!
wee.gif
I am hoping (since it rained again last night) to try AGAIN to get the garden plotted out - so it will be one less thing on the "hubby to do list" and he can focus solely on building a coop.
hit.gif
I filled in our HUGE pothole in our driveway the other day (which I was super excited about)...the rain washed it all away.
hit.gif
STUPID DIRT!! Guess I need some other idea to fill big huge potholes!! Once the DD is up...and it opens...we're heading out to the Resale store to check on wood prices and (depending on DD's mood) perhaps even to HD to check out their cull bins. I want to have as much research/pricing done before he comes home to...aide him!!

Edited to say: BOO for rain this morning!! Hoping I can make it out of my driveway...
somad.gif
Stupid dirt road...who wanted to live in the middle of nowhere anyway - oh wait...that was me.
hide.gif
oops!!
lau.gif

Last edited:
I really don't like to complain about the rain, but I've had enough for a few days....Jeez...I picked up the tin for my coop yesterday and really want to get it on the roof...
sad.png
Anyways, I will note that teh heaviest of rains today are North of me so i guess I can be thankful for that...Have a great day everyone...

NewHome, you said you are putting your coop on a slab...Do you already have a slab or are you going to pour one?

Back
Top Bottom