North Carolina

Congrats everyone on the beautiful chicks.

Well, I tried the algae remedy, and the verdict is in...IT DOESN'T WORK. I used an entire bottle. It doesn't seem to bother the inverts in the aquarium, but it definitely doesn't kill algae.

Hey all. I was wondering if any of you guys or anyone you know would be interested in some Polish chicks? They are about 4 weeks old, and I am just over run with chicks lol. I'd take 4$ a piece for them right now from a BYCer. They are Ideal Poultry stock, just so you know, have a couple colors mainly white creasted blue, a white polish or houdan? and a black mystery creasted kid lol.

where is Semora? I am in the western part of the state.
sorry to hear that Em.
sad.png

Last edited:
Ready for paint....Finally...
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Double doors in the front with a large vent door for summer...Sunny side...

79477_cooppaint_001.jpg

Egg door and window that will raise up as vent during summer and let light in during winter....

79477_cooppaint_002.jpg

Soon to be door to run area...Next project on list...

79477_cooppaint_003.jpg

Poop board door...Directly under roost...

79477_cooppaint_004.jpg

Whoo...Hoo..
big_smile.png

Thanks Miss Lydia...Vfem, I actually picked out a brown with a lime green trim, it looks really good and I think kids would love it, but the wife said "H$*@ No"...

I have a injury to report...I have cleaned it and put anti-bio on it...This is a SL and it appears that its toe was ripped off in the brooder somehow...Could it have broken it? Maybe another chick ate it? Any advice would be appreciated both on speculation of injury and care...Pic below...

79477_injury_002.jpg

you mean the nail not the toe? I have had at least 3 of my chickens lose their nails claws what ever, and after the bleeding stops I just wash it good and put blue-kote on it till it heals, the chickens will keep messing with it unless you keep it disquised some how. oh by the way my small coop is light green with dark brown trim, my large coop is the opposite. sounds pretty to me. maybe put the 2 colors together on some wood and let it grow on her..

Last edited:
I hate to report, my Andi has passed. When I came home today, she had her chest split open beyond repair. I'm about to destroy the cage I had her in. It's a great cage, just the door was a single peice of hard ware cloth. She had tried to escape I think. This is I hope my last life ending mistake I ever make.
I love you Andi, rest in peace! You were my all time first favorite girl! Tears... Lots of freaking tears.

Back
Top Bottom