North Carolina

Thanks Beth, i remember them now, so cute what breed are they? love the face on that one thats looking right at the camera..
love.gif

Who here uses DE for wormer? I remember someone saying that they mixed it into their feed. How do you mix it in so that it doesn't blow away or sink to the bottom of the feed? How much do you mix together, and can you use this on horses, dogs, cats, and other birds? Thanks for the information.

I used DE on my cats to control fleas. Even though they were indoor only kitties, the wild bunnies would leave fleas in the yard and we humans brought the fleas inside on our pants and shoes. I don't recall seeing any worms in the litter box after that.

I "fling" DE in the coops and make sure it gets in all the floor cracks. I just made more outdoor nest boxes. I took 18 gallon packing boxes and cut an entry hole in one side. The bottom was layered with enough sand to keep it from tipping easily. Then we added DE (about one cup) and several handfulls of "dry nest" (saw dust). Must have been acceptable as all three new nests got used today. The lid keeps the weather out and makes it easy for us to open to collect eggs. Using dark green (Christmas) boxes provide a little darkness that he hens seem to like. Each nest has at least one stone or ceramic egg.

Welcome to all the new people on the list! I lurk from just North of the border. If you happen to be near I-95 and have hatching eggs for sale, please give a yell! I'm still looking for a couple of breeds but not right away. I have to do some culling and selling prior to getting many more.
wink.png

I use DE in the chicken and ducks feed it's 3 cups to 50lb mix real well. It helps to keep the feed fresh and keeps bugs out.. as far as treating for mites or lice it might work as preventive but if you already have them you'll have to use something like poultry dust to get rid of them. I also use DE to keep bedding fresher, if you have ducks you'll know what I mean.
roll.png
for a wormer I'd use valbazen it's an all round good wormer and kills over several days so it's not so hard on their systems.. these are just things that I have tried and not dyed in Red.

Haven't been in in a while. Today was move in day, enjoy the Pics...

Exterior paint is not finished, I hate painting, and have been putting it off...

79477_chinckens_160.jpg

Inside

79477_chinckens_162.jpg

First ones in:

79477_chinckens_163.jpg

Happy to be in their new home. They were getting a lil grumpy in the brooder...

79477_chinckens_166.jpg

Love the coop Daddys. And those babies got big !

Miss Lydia... 2 pekin 4 runners 1 white crested 3 golden 300s.

ramirezframing.... DE is really not a wormer. If it is the first time... Wazine then 2 weeks later another wormer. Ivermectin, epernix, safeguard,valbazen, there a whole bunch. Wazine is for the roundworms, then the other do multiple worms. If you have lice/mite I would recommend Ivermectin or the epernix. I got both wazine & Ivermectin at Southern states, they were both under $10. You will have to toss eggs for 2 weeks after, so possabily no eggs for 4 weeks.

Those ducks are adorable, hey i have another broody, so if anyone lives in western N.C. and would like a mixture of bantam/ game /bantam I'll have some that need a good home. very nice coop daddy's and your girls have grown so much
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom