North Carolina

Thanks. Went to Tractor Supply to get Tylan 50. Of course they were out. Luckily, my favorite feed store, Hudson's, is holding a bottle for me. We have our little hen in the "chicken hospital" aka our bathrooom. So nervous about injecting her. I've never done it before. I don't want to hurt her (any more than necessary).
hide.gif

What is AI?

Last edited:
Quote:
AI in the way of diseases is Avian Influenza aka "bird flu".

the injection doesn't need to be deep as they don't really have allot of meat. I'm sure you will do fine, just remember it's for her sake.
wink.png

I am sorry to hear about your hen mychickensrock
hugs.gif

My little bantam cochin got attacked last night and she gas a broken leg. I have wrapped it but don't know what else to do
hit.gif
Did I wrap it okay?

69773_104_3153.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
All about, I think it's time you start setting some traps.......
hmm.png
Sorry to hear about the leg, hope it heals.

X2 all about, this is getting to be too much for ya'll I am sure. I hope she heals good and it looks like you did a good job.

Thanks
We have put traps out, but we didn't catch any thing
barnie.gif
We spent today setting up a electric fence around them so hopefully that will stop what ever is coming in. Should I do anything else for her?

I think you did a good wrap job. I always worry about wrapping too tight. Hopefully your chickie will get better very soon. I never knew how stressful having chickens could be. I just love them so darn much!

Quote:
Looks like a great bandage. If her bone is broken, I would add a split. the goal to immobilze the joint above and below the break to keep it from moving so it will heal faster. you can do this by taking a peice of coat hanger and and shaping it to the leg along the outside part, place it right over the bandage you have made and add some more wrapping. It will provide some support and hopfully lessen any pain. Good luck with her.
hugs.gif

Carolyn

OK...somehow I've ended up with a broody Golden Comet. Since we have room for another 4-6 hens I've decided to go ahead and give the old gal a shot at hatching a clutch. This is where (hopefully) ya'll come in. I'm in Hickory, NC. Does anyone know of anyone near by or in western NC that would have some fertilized eggs available? Ideally, I'd prefer Barred Rock eggs - but certainly open to other opinions. I'm looking for around 6 total. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Joe

Back
Top Bottom