North Carolina

Quote:
lau.gif
that is to funny
gig.gif

My little bantam hen that had the swollen wattles last week is all better. The Tylan worked. Question... is it normal that her skin looks greenish where I gave her the injections? I am guessing that it is bruised. Oh, and DH just ran over a yellow jacket nest IN our garden. Possible that Little Chicken got stung by one and that would be why her wattles were swollen.

Quote:
clap.gif
So glad she's all better!!! Great job to you and the helpful folks that pointed you to the Tylan. I've made a mental note. I wonder if that is what happened - today I was laughing watching my chickens chasing a yellow jacket. Hmmm.
idunno.gif
Hope the pros know. But yay for your girl!!!

Quote:
lau.gif
that is to funny
gig.gif

x2! He looks like he's taking it very seriously!!
gig.gif

x3
lau.gif

On a sober note, My prolapsed rectum pullet laid 2 eggs and didn't response to treatment but still feisty this morning didn't make it through the day. I was psyching my self up to cull her and was about ready this evening. Sorry I didn't did it last night, I hate to think she went down hill and might have suffered this afternoon while I got up the courage.
barnie.gif

MCR- green sound like the end of bruising, we all learned that with Allabout's little hen. could very well have been the yellow jacket that stung her. They probably looked very tasty.

Carolyn

Quote:
x2! He looks like he's taking it very seriously!!
gig.gif

x3
lau.gif

On a sober note, My prolapsed rectum pullet laid 2 eggs and didn't response to treatment but still feisty this morning didn't make it through the day. I was psyching my self up to cull her and was about ready this evening. Sorry I didn't did it last night, I hate to think she went down hill and might have suffered this afternoon while I got up the courage.
barnie.gif

MCR- green sound like the end of bruising, we all learned that with Allabout's little hen. could very well have been the yellow jacket that stung her. They probably looked very tasty.

Carolyn

So sorry to hear about your hen greenacre, from all i've read prolapse is one of the hardest to treat.
hugs.gif

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
WE GOT A NEW ROOSTER ~ WE GOT A NEW ROOSTER
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

49849_dsc05683.jpg

lau.gif
gig.gif

He is soooo cool. He stands about 5-1/2 feet tall and is an awesome sculpture that someone did from Mexico of some really neat old metals, not sure how old he is but he will be well cared for here. Can't wait to get his new home all finished for him (a landscape bed in front of our garage).
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom