North Carolina

phew
ep.gif
it sure is hot outside already today......hope everyone's ac is working fine.......im so excited my little Thai monsters are hatchin
wee.gif

soda bottles of ice... leave the cap off, they will drink the icey water. Also frozen Veges & fruit. I sliced up bunch of squash, watermelon, pumpkin and I put it out and the birds go crazy !!

Luke, I also put the sprinkler on over their coops during the hottest part of the day. Like between 1 and 4.

Anyone looking for Young Giant Cochin Roos? 1 Partridge, 1 Golden Lace, 1 Solid blk. They are free range, very healthy, spoiled boys. They go in a coop at night, for safety. I have pics below.

Quote:
I have been on vacation and am trying to get caught up on BYC. I am a beekeeper. I use sevin in my coops and on my chickens. My bees occasionally will get water out of the chicken waters but they do not go into the coops. I don't use sevin anywhere outside to protect my bees.

I hatched out some very pretty silkies & show girls today.... one hatched out and it has no eyes.... anyone ever come across a hatchling like that before?
I am about to go to bed... but will post pics tomorrow. She seems completely healthy.... but I wonder how she will eat or drink? She may not live long with this issue... such a shame.
sad.png

Luke, try frozen bottles of water in the pen for the birds to stand on/ lay against. Or wet down their dust bath area with cold water during the hot part of the day.

Well, SD is great for catching bugs on the windshield, that sound like a rock hitting it. But I have to say that the chickies are doing pretty good on the trip.

Hope all is going great for everyone in NC.

Sorry to hear about the chick Mary. But there are threads on hear about it. You won't be able to move the water or feeding spots and. Will have to show the for a while where its at. Good luck with the cutie;);)

Back
Top Bottom