North Carolina

I forgot to share with you what my husband said after WCA yesterday. I had called him to tell him I was coming home empty-handed.
yesss.gif
Then I texted him to tell him I was bringing home two Wyandotte hens from Beth.
D.gif
D.gif
Then I called him on the way home to tell him that those hens had multiplied into an additional eight SL Wyandotte chicks.
jumpy.gif
I told him it was all Beth's fault.
hide.gif
And that she was cutting back, which is why I could get the hens from her.

And he laughed and said that if there is one thing he has learned, it's that chicken people never cut back. They just rearrange.
old.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif

Well I sold 13 chickens and 1 duck....came home with 8 chickens and 5 ducks
gig.gif
BUT........... 7 chickens are for eating, 1 for RF and the ducks
hu.gif
lol.png

nice to be back home after the power came back on. have to see whats left to my birds in daylight, but I'm even madder at the sitter that didnt show up, but a big THANKS to Scottcaddy!! for saving the rest!

Welcome home, CSB and RF! You have been missed!

I'm glad I'm not in that sitter's shoes, RF. But s/he deserves whatever you throw at him/her. Just don't go to jail over it!

Hello, I am in Franklin county NC, as about as far north as you can go before leaving the county, I have a small farm house with 11 acres, 3 dogs, and I have fostered 2 goats and 1 horse so far. I enjoy planting fruit trees and bushes, gardening, and I am about to embark into raising chickens. For eggs at first, and once I have established a healthy flock and routine, maybe expand in to other breeds and birds. I have been researching breeds and husbandry for over a year now, and it is time to get my feet wet. I am wide open for input or advise, and happy to be a part of BYC.

Back
Top Bottom