North Carolina

In addition, I discovered the phrase "mad as a wet hen" has some basis in fact. All seven of our girls chose to stand out in the rain yesterday rather than go into their nice dry coop or under it. As a result, by about 11am yesterday morning they were looking very bedraggled, and when I went in the run to collect eggs I got the stink eye from ALL of them...not just Scarlet the Grumpy Chicken. I would've had a LOT more sympathy for them if it weren't for the fact that they had dry places to go, they just weren't using them. You should see a wet silkie lol
gig.gif

In addition, I discovered the phrase "mad as a wet hen" has some basis in fact. All seven of our girls chose to stand out in the rain yesterday rather than go into their nice dry coop or under it. As a result, by about 11am yesterday morning they were looking very bedraggled, and when I went in the run to collect eggs I got the stink eye from ALL of them...not just Scarlet the Grumpy Chicken. I would've had a LOT more sympathy for them if it weren't for the fact that they had dry places to go, they just weren't using them.

I have a question:

What are the rules and regulations for selling eggs? We've been giving our extras away to neighbors, but some of them have asked about buying eggs.
You aren't kidding! My run is a wet mess and I SOOOOOO hope it dries out today. Our 8 goofy girls were soaking wet instead of staying inside their nice little house in the dry. Lookin' rough!!!

On a side note....Our one silkie (the one in my pic) was soaked. Quite a sight for me to see for the first time.
ep.gif
My 4 year old starts screaming at the top of her lungs "Mama!!!! Mudpie got small! Mudpie got small!" Bless it!

What size needle should I get for injecting my Silkie? Was about to run out to TSC but then realized I was totally ignorant about needles... Help?
25 gauge works well on a bantam. Best if you could find a 28, but I think you can only find those with insulin syringes. Those can be bought at a pharmacy without a prescription as long as they know it is for animals. Some still won't sell to you.

With a smaller needle you will have wait once you start to draw out the meds from the bottle. It just takes a little while to draw out the slightly thicker liquid.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom