North Carolina

Good day all!
It has taken most of the morning to get the birds buckled down before Sandy gets here.
I have also been trying to understand how to use the swap page. Kids are out growing everything, and I need to be very creative on how I do Christmas, and both B-days this month.

I got the first B-day covered. He wants a cheese cake!

The little guy wants a Volcano! I need to figure out if it is the same as his brother had a few years ago, or is he wants it to explode? His brother's volcano cake looked like a volcano!

One kid is turning 6, and the other 12, very soon. I am open to creative Christmas ideas!!!!

Chas

For the 6 year old you could make him a fort out of old sheets and some PVC. Cheap, min. sewing and fun.

Quote: YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Sounds wonderful....can you post the recipe pls? Or better yet just send the casserole!!!
1 loaf of cinnamon swirl bread. Cut into 1” squares.(best if toasted, or set on counter for a couple hours to get stale) 6 eggs 3 cups milk 2 tsp vanilla Grease a 9x13 baking dish, add bread. Mix eggs, milk, & vanilla: pour over bread. Cover and place in fridge for atleast 3 hours, overnight if possible. Bake @ 350 for 50 minutes of until firm & golden brown.

Quote: That sounds awesome; I wonder if his brother could do that one for him, and use the old sections of trees (poplars) that were cleared on the north side? He did something with them last year, and Jacob did enjoy it. He can blind fold him and walk him out to it.
I tried to attach the pic, but it did not work....

Thank you for the great idea!!!!
hugs.gif

I'm wondering if any of you sell your Eggs? I'm a widow that lives alone so I can't eat too many myself, I will be giving them to friends and family but thinking about putting a sign at the end of my road. I free range and heard that those eggs are sought after. They sell for about $4.00 at the store and they say they are not really "free-range". This is my first time having Chickens. If you do sell how much do you charge? I have 13 with 6 different breeds. So far only the Bantams are laying, I can consume them or share with my family. But, what if I get a dozen or so a day??? Yipes!
I had a scare today, took a rare nap then of course woke to check on my Chicks. Could not find 7 of them, they usually stay within site of the Coup. I was a little panicked so I went up to my deck that looks over most of the property only to find them on the deck, LOL.

I'm wondering if any of you sell your Eggs? I'm a widow that lives alone so I can't eat too many myself, I will be giving them to friends and family but thinking about putting a sign at the end of my road. I free range and heard that those eggs are sought after. They sell for about $4.00 at the store and they say they are not really "free-range". This is my first time having Chickens. If you do sell how much do you charge? I have 13 with 6 different breeds. So far only the Bantams are laying, I can consume them or share with my family. But, what if I get a dozen or so a day??? Yipes!
I had a scare today, took a rare nap then of course woke to check on my Chicks. Could not find 7 of them, they usually stay within site of the Coup. I was a little panicked so I went up to my deck that looks over most of the property only to find them on the deck, LOL.
Chickens love eggs boiled or scrambled
old.gif

Hello to all
I am close to Statesville NC. So nice to meet folks from NC, and I so lookig forward to it.. I have easter egger chickens that lay blue and green eggs, Rhode Island Reds, Sex links-red, black, Cuckoo Maran, Copper Maran, Faithful leghorn layers, Buff Brahama, and Light Brahama, that are laying. I have other in incubator awaiting their hatch.

Back
Top Bottom