North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    CyndiD welcome!

To all of you in our area, I just got my Sportsman and I am looking for hatching eggs!! Just need some "cheep" ones to give this thing a test run. I am planning a staggered hatch over the next few weeks. Can anyone help out here. I would prefer purebred but will take mixed.

Thanks Shari

2. Saris

Saris Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane

I have mixed breed hatching eggs, I'll be in Coeur d'Alene on Sunday, or Spokane any other day.

3. IAMADOL

IAMADOL Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2015
    Hello All,
    I am interested in Olive Eggers, Cream Legbars and Cuckoo Marans. I only need two of each and can't seem to find a hatchery that is able to send six at the same time. If you live near the Spokane area and are planning to order some of these breeds Please let me know so that I can join in your order. Thank you!

4. Saris

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane

I too am in want of 6 Cuckoo Marans, if we can find a few more people we can probably group an order together. I was thinking of ordering through efowl.com they have a 25 chick minimum right now.

5. Hawk12

Hawk12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    Hi Everyone,

I just came across this thread. I'm in Hayden, ID. I try to check in every couple days or so on BYC. I have young brahmas, cochins and 1 orpington. I have 1 black copper maran pullet, 1 welsummer hen, 1 dark brahma pullet and 2 gold laced wyandotte hens. I am currently incubating brahmas and have 3 more sets of eggs scheduled for hatching in the coming months (orpingtons and barnevelders). Glad I found you :) I'll read up on the thread later this evening.

6. Saris

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane

Howdy there!

7. Hawk12

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    Hi Saris :)

8. Saris

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane

How are your chickies and eggies!

9. Hawk12

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID

I lost one of my brahma babies :( Not sure what happened but she was walking around a little drunk like 2 days ago and yesterday she couldn't even stand so we culled her. I swear that will never get easy for me. At least my hubby does it so I don't have to watch. I had a temp spike on my incubator for no apparent reason so I moved the eggs into my spare unit. Not sure how many I'll lose. I will candle in the next couple days. Everyone else is doing great though, thanks for asking :)

10. Saris

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane

Did you send the baby for a necropsy? Keep a close eye on your other birds. Temp spikes suck, I hope your eggs are okay. I have six EE chicks that I need to sell but they're so cute I want to keep them too. I had to bring one of my birds to the vet. He is on antibiotics for a sinus infection from debris getting stuck up there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by