North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. If you're hubby said No.. I would err on the side of caution. I started in June this yr. Lessons Learned by being a sucker as I ended up buying substandard chickens from dishonest local sellers. I'm thankful now that since my birds were taken by predators or just dropped dead for no apparent reason. I started buying chicks from NPIP breeders or from people who get their birds from them also. I'm just starting to rebuild my flock again. Thanks for the referral I will check her out.

2. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    My hubby said no because we currently have 8 welsummers(12 wks), 7 Ameraucanas (12 wks), 4 BCM (6 wks), 1 D'uccle (6 wks), 1 Araucana (2 wks), the 6 just hatched BCM w/4 more pipped in hatcher, then 7 Lakenvelder eggs and 12 Swedish Flower eggs in the incubator... He said no because we're not on our permanent property (living with inlaws) and are at coop/brooder capacity [​IMG]

I tried talking him into building a second temporary hoop coop, and he shot that idea down too. We're processing the extra boys for the Ameraucanas (we have 4!), so if you want 1 or 2, speak up now, or this Saturday they're going to freezer camp!

Eta: They are blue and black. Very pretty birds. And I know Pips&Peeps raises her Ameraucanas to SOP, so they are genuine. I think she was working on the Lavender gene the last I heard.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  3. Sorry for misinterpreting. Sure I'll take a rooster...and then I will cull my rooster (see pic)...I was told that I would have to hatch Lucys eggs to see if I get a hen. If her pullets lay brown eggs, then she doesnt carry two blue genes. here is pics of Lucy
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the cockerel i was going to breed her with below & above in small pic
    [​IMG]
    what age do you cull roos for freezer camp? He's a mixed breed??

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  4. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    Nope, blue or black Ameraucana. They're currently at 12 weeks, but have started picking on my younger chicks. I'll have to see if I can get good pics in the morning. They're not enjoying the snow very much, so haven't been coming out side beyond 1 foot from the door. The wellie roo's are about ready for process, but the Ameraucanas are still a bit small, but we're going to need the room LOL. I will be keeping 1 or 2, because our "house" favorites I think are both boys (1 blue, 1 splash).

5. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    That is me. I have a lot of pullets that don't make the cut for my breeding pens.

6. SPLASH[​IMG]

7. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    This snow really needs to go away...

1 person likes this.
  8. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I agree! This no power thing is a bummer. Our generator is being used for the comfort and warmth of the chickens instead of the humans!! I have 16 babies in an outside coop brooder that need the heat lamp. Also the waterers need to be plugged in.. Grrrrr

9. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID

I had a baby quail die during the first power outage. I wanna move to Florida

10. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I've lived there. I like it here better, except for the super cold

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by