North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Saris

Saris Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane

Awesome, what kind are you incubating?

2. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    LOL Saris and I have been on a couple of incubating threads together, I think I am in the same boat, but so far only got handfulls of ones I've incubated so far. But the Marans are doing fabulous for incubation LOL

1 person likes this.
  3. Saris

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane

I feel ya there, I needed 6 pullets, and with all the issues and low hatch rates I read about for beginner hatchers, I figured if I doubled the amount of eggs I needed to hatch (assuming 50/50 on gender) then I would be good even if I got a low hatchrate. Better safe than sorry ya know, low and behold I got 25 chicks out of 27 eggs.... I did manage to sell 7, the other 18 are at my Father-in-Law's.

Edited to say I quoted the wrong person, I meant to quote yummychocolate3 about selling chicks.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015

4. Firedragon1982 funny you mentioned that I sold my new 1588 Genesis to a new Chicken Enthusiast as myself and she texted me and hatched the same exact amount! I'm bummed found out my supposedly Ameracauna is an EE. I wanted a true Ameracauna

5. Saris

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane

Hmmmm I wonder if that was me. I texted the person I bought the incubator from with my hatch results.

6. Hatching FBCMs and Mixed Breeds.. All my Roos are Purebred FBCM and Wheaten Marans. I have Dual set of unrelated Cream Legbars, Greenfire line but they are still young so next spring and summer they will be ready

7. Saris

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane

I think it IS you, or you and this other person need to meet because you have the same birds. Hahaha

8. [​IMG] I get confused on who I'm talking too esp from my phone! I just started posting on BYC recently because I am learning a lot being a 1st timer... I will get the thread replies right sooner than later! [​IMG]
    We should I've allready met Ugly foot and she's great! She lives in Athol.

9. Saris

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane

Nice, locals are awesome. When I get my CL eggs from Sally Sunshine and your pairs start breeding we can swap for fresh blood.

1 person likes this.
  10. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    I know there is someone in Newman lake on CL that was downsizing their flock of Ameraucanas, My husband said NO to... Might have been someone on here... @pips&peeps Has some Ameraucanas as well, could get some from her [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by