North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
So far you're the 2nd person that lives close by. I live off hwy 41 in between Rathdrum and Spirit Lake. I'm incubating right now they should be hatching on Dec 6th. I will have too many and will need to sell some off
LOL Saris and I have been on a couple of incubating threads together, I think I am in the same boat, but so far only got handfulls of ones I've incubated so far. But the Marans are doing fabulous for incubation LOL

LOL Saris and I have been on a couple of incubating threads together, I think I am in the same boat, but so far only got handfulls of ones I've incubated so far. But the Marans are doing fabulous for incubation LOL

I feel ya there, I needed 6 pullets, and with all the issues and low hatch rates I read about for beginner hatchers, I figured if I doubled the amount of eggs I needed to hatch (assuming 50/50 on gender) then I would be good even if I got a low hatchrate. Better safe than sorry ya know, low and behold I got 25 chicks out of 27 eggs.... I did manage to sell 7, the other 18 are at my Father-in-Law's.

Edited to say I quoted the wrong person, I meant to quote yummychocolate3 about selling chicks.

Last edited:
I feel ya there, I needed 6 pullets, and with all the issues and low hatch rates I read about for beginner hatchers, I figured if I doubled the amount of eggs I needed to hatch (assuming 50/50 on gender) then I would be good even if I got a low hatchrate. Better safe than sorry ya know, low and behold I got 25 chicks out of 27 eggs.... I did manage to sell 7, the other 18 are at my Father-in-Law's.

Edited to say I quoted the wrong person, I meant to quote yummychocolate3 about selling chicks.

Firedragon1982 funny you mentioned that I sold my new 1588 Genesis to a new Chicken Enthusiast as myself and she texted me and hatched the same exact amount! I'm bummed found out my supposedly Ameracauna is an EE. I wanted a true Ameracauna

Firedragon1982 funny you mentioned that I sold my new 1588 Genesis to a new Chicken Enthusiast as myself and she texted me and hatched the same exact amount! I'm bummed found out my supposedly Ameracauna is an EE. I wanted a true Ameracauna

Hmmmm I wonder if that was me. I texted the person I bought the incubator from with my hatch results.

Hatching FBCMs and Mixed Breeds.. All my Roos are Purebred FBCM and Wheaten Marans. I have Dual set of unrelated Cream Legbars, Greenfire line but they are still young so next spring and summer they will be ready

I think it IS you, or you and this other person need to meet because you have the same birds. Hahaha

I think it IS you, or you and this other person need to meet because you have the same bi
rds.
Hahaha
1f601.png
I get confused on who I'm talking too esp from my phone! I just started posting on BYC recently because I am learning a lot being a 1st timer... I will get the thread replies right sooner than later!
1f601.png

We should I've allready met Ugly foot and she's great! She lives in Athol.

1f601.png
I get confused on who I'm talking too esp from my phone! I just started posting on BYC recently because I am learning a lot being a 1st timer... I will get the thread replies right sooner than later!
1f601.png

We should I've allready met Ugly foot and she's great! She lives in Athol.

Nice, locals are awesome. When I get my CL eggs from Sally Sunshine and your pairs start breeding we can swap for fresh blood.

I know there is someone in Newman lake on CL that was downsizing their flock of Ameraucanas, My husband said NO to... Might have been someone on here... @pips&peeps Has some Ameraucanas as well, could get some from her
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom