North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
I know there is someone in Newman lake on CL that was downsizing their flock of Ameraucanas, My husband said NO to... Might have been someone on here... @pips&peeps
Has some Ameraucanas as well, could get some from her ;)

If you're hubby said No.. I would err on the side of caution. I started in June this yr. Lessons Learned by being a sucker as I ended up buying substandard chickens from dishonest local sellers. I'm thankful now that since my birds were taken by predators or just dropped dead for no apparent reason. I started buying chicks from NPIP breeders or from people who get their birds from them also. I'm just starting to rebuild my flock again. Thanks for the referral I will check her out.

If you're hubby said No.. I would err on the side of caution. I started in June this yr. Lessons Learned by being a sucker as I ended up buying substandard chickens from dishonest local sellers. I'm thankful now that since my birds were taken by predators or just dropped dead for no apparent reason. I started buying chicks from NPIP breeders or from people who get their birds from them also. I'm just starting to rebuild my flock again. Thanks for the referral I will check her out.
My hubby said no because we currently have 8 welsummers(12 wks), 7 Ameraucanas (12 wks), 4 BCM (6 wks), 1 D'uccle (6 wks), 1 Araucana (2 wks), the 6 just hatched BCM w/4 more pipped in hatcher, then 7 Lakenvelder eggs and 12 Swedish Flower eggs in the incubator... He said no because we're not on our permanent property (living with inlaws) and are at coop/brooder capacity
lau.gif

I tried talking him into building a second temporary hoop coop, and he shot that idea down too. We're processing the extra boys for the Ameraucanas (we have 4!), so if you want 1 or 2, speak up now, or this Saturday they're going to freezer camp!

Eta: They are blue and black. Very pretty birds. And I know Pips&Peeps raises her Ameraucanas to SOP, so they are genuine. I think she was working on the Lavender gene the last I heard.

Last edited:
Sorry for misinterpreting. Sure I'll take a rooster...and then I will cull my rooster (see pic)...I was told that I would have to hatch Lucys eggs to see if I get a hen. If her pullets lay brown eggs, then she doesnt carry two blue genes. here is pics of Lucy

the cockerel i was going to breed her with below & above in small pic

what age do you cull roos for freezer camp? He's a mixed breed??

Last edited:
Sorry for misinterpreting. Sure I'll take a rooster...and then I will cull my rooster (see pic)...I was told that I would have to hatch Lucys eggs to see if I get a hen. If her pullets lay brown eggs, then she doesnt carry two blue genes. here is pics of Lucy

what age do you cull roos for freezer camp? He's a mixed breed??
Nope, blue or black Ameraucana. They're currently at 12 weeks, but have started picking on my younger chicks. I'll have to see if I can get good pics in the morning. They're not enjoying the snow very much, so haven't been coming out side beyond 1 foot from the door. The wellie roo's are about ready for process, but the Ameraucanas are still a bit small, but we're going to need the room LOL. I will be keeping 1 or 2, because our "house" favorites I think are both boys (1 blue, 1 splash).

Nope, blue or black Ameraucana. They're currently at 12 weeks, but have started picking on my younger chicks. I'll have to see if I can get good pics in the morning. They're not enjoying the snow very much, so haven't been coming out side beyond 1 foot from the door. The wellie roo's are about ready for process, but the Ameraucanas are still a bit small, but we're going to need the room LOL. I will be keeping 1 or 2, because our "house" favorites I think are both boys (1 blue, 1 splash).

SPLASH
1f601.png

I agree! This no power thing is a bummer. Our generator is being used for the comfort and warmth of the chickens instead of the humans!! I have 16 babies in an outside coop brooder that need the heat lamp. Also the waterers need to be plugged in.. Grrrrr

I agree! This no power thing is a bummer. Our generator is being used for the comfort and warmth of the chickens instead of the humans!! I have 16 babies in an outside coop brooder that need the heat lamp. Also the waterers need to be plugged in.. Grrrrr

I had a baby quail die during the first power outage. I wanna move to Florida

Back
Top Bottom