North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID

Thank you! Quail are so tiny and adorable :)

2. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    I candled my duck and goose eggs last night. 3 of 5 goose eggs are developing, 15 of 20 ducks are developing. The 3 clears I thought I had have veins now

3. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    How early was she? Adorable, is it a quail?

4. CyndiD

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    what kind of duck and goose? I have runners, buff and pekin.
    my SWH eggs are being shipped to me tomorrow, should be here by Wed. Just in time for HAL, plus I am collecting my pekin eggs,.

5. CGilbert

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID

Popped out on day 15 of 17. Yes, jumbo Coturnix quail.

6. firedragon1982

Feb 9, 2015
    Ducks are SWH too (why do you think i knew those listings [​IMG]). Geese are saddleback pomeranians. Have another 5 shipped to me too, appears will be here Tuesday.

7. CyndiD

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    did you incubate duck and geese eggs in same bator? Any tips on the SWH for me. I bought 8 eggs and will most likely get 10 or 11? I sure hope I can hatch them. You got yours from Nancy also? what did you keep your humidity at? I bought a hygometer, since I was pretty much guessing all the time before. I have to set it up tonight in my warm bator and get it ready for my eggs. I have some of my Pekins eggs also (at least I pray they are Pekin eggs) that I want to put in with the SWH for the HAL starting this week. Do you think I should put them together? I'm a beginner, that is why I have these silly Q's, bear with me, please.
    thanks

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  8. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho

[​IMG] I actually kinda like that Idea though, because they would be empty. I like the Idea of going to Kristie's parents house too though. I can travel, but might be far for the southern folks to go.

Awwwww such a cutie!
    Are they shipped? If so that is great odds! Not too bad for home ones either though. I always keep the clears in till day 15 just to make sure.

We are going to do Quail later this spring. My daughter the chef wants them. She wants jumbo Coturnix for the eggs& meat. I want the Texas A&M to eat because they are white meat, I do not like dark meat. I will try a few first to see before I raise a bunch and butcher them.

9. firedragon1982

Feb 9, 2015
    Yes, doing duck and geese in the same bator, they both have the same humidity and time requirements. I bought a set of 10 eggs, got 12, and then bought 6 and got 8, so they will throw 2 in for luck lol. They hatch about 28-30 days, and up until day 25 should keep the humidity between 50 and 60%, then for hatch 70-80% I've read. The pekin and WH should be able to be in the same incubator. Check Sally's threads about checking the calibration on your hygrometer. Very helpful to know if your hygrometer is a few % off or not.

10. CGilbert

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID

They dry and walk so quickly

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by