North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    [​IMG]Sorry to hear that! [​IMG]

2. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    Oy, about half way moved into the house. So much of the big and heavy furniture needs to go in the basement... We did most of that tonight and man am I tired and sore. I never realized we had so much stuff. That and we did such a crappy packing job. All sorts of stuff tossed into boxes. That's what we get for thinking we were moving so much sooner than it actually happened. Still grumpy about that lol. Our pod of furniture arrives tomorrow, and that has our beds, dressers, living and dining room furniture in it. It will feel a lot more like home when we get that!

3. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    Thank you for your support! Chicken people are the best. @Hawk12. Haven't heard about the hatch?

4. Saris

Saris Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane

Moving is the worst. But you can console yourself with all your chicken plans! Haha

5. UGLYFOOT

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    Okay my Peeps, my enabler husband has told me to set ALL the eggs I get from two days ago until the day of the Easter Hatch A Long. I am averaging between 6-8 a day. That could result in A LOT of chicks. I of course cannot keep that many, so I will be selling them all. How much should I charge for straight run, backyard mixes? I was thinking like $2.00 each.

1 person likes this.
  6. Hawk12

Hawk12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    I had 2 hatch, 1 that needed assisting. Unfortunately that one died last night. The other one that hatched is doing great. Hoping its a boy but of course I won't know for some time. I've decided not to do the EHAL because I need to try to figure out what is going on with my hatches. I ordered a scale and new hygrometer for my next hatch. A friend of mine is giving me some of her eggs to hatch to see how it goes with eggs that aren't shipped. I was supposed to get some of my breeder eggs this week but the seller hasn't shipped them yet. I'm kinda glad though because I need to figure a few things out.
    That is what I will sell mine at that I get out of my friends eggs (if they hatch) :)

7. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    Uglyfoot- if I sell a chick I ask for $5. sure someone can get a $2.60 dollar chick in the store, but a local chick is much healthier, and more interesting mix. Although some times I sell for 3-for $10. That is bulk...

8. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    Moving, in general, sucks. I hate moving

9. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    I sell my Ameraucana chicks at $8 a piece. If it's an Easter egger (Buff and White Ameraucana mix), I may sell it for slightly less ($4-$6). Although mine are not show quality, and customers know that.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  10. UGLYFOOT

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    Mine are purebred hens with mixed roosters covering, one is an Ayam Cemani X though, he is not the dominant unfortunately.
    They make very colorful chicks, my first hatch are these.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by