North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CGilbert

CGilbert Songster

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID

Do you have an ayam cemani hen? I'd be happy to set them up their own pen over here if I could claim a few of the eggs.

2. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Songster

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho

Space is not an issue here. I can and will have a separate pen for my Ayam Cemani. I have a 3 month old purebred pair. I was given "Jafar" by a local breeder because he has imperfections, i think he is a cross and she got screwed on a couple of birds. But it might just be color leakage, as the breeders here are finding it happens. She does have a GFF pair and others that she got from two breeders in California who are not 100% open as to the lineage of their birds. Whatever, they are gorgeous birds! If you want to pay the price, she sells eggs and chicks. I can put you intouch. She is not quite as spendy as GFF and others I think.

Here is Jafar..
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. CGilbert

CGilbert Songster

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID

I'm scared to ask, but yes please, contact info on her if she's ok with it. I would eventually (5 year plan) like Ayam Cemanis

4. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Songster

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho

Well if you want to wait a bit, mine will be laying by fall, I hope. I have mine mostly for eye candy in the flock, but will take advantage of their purebred status.. Lol

Let me know either way.. She has BCM, CCL, SERAMA also. Oh and beautiful peacocks!

5. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Songster

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho

Awww i wish you could figure it out in time!
    At least you got one. Do you need a buddy for it?

I like the bulk sale idea! And yes local is better.. Thanks for the input.

Agreed moving sucks! Anytime... I am planning on living in this home till I die! Or if I retire and don't want to stay here, I'm selling everything and getting a motor home!

6. Saris

Saris Songster

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane
    Woot! 25 out of 33 Biele eggs for my day 14 candle! Hopefully my good luck continues! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Hawk12

Hawk12 Songster

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    I put it with the mama and the 2 serama babies. They're doing good :) It's funny though because the serama baby that I almost lost was picking on it at first. They are all good now but I'm amazed at how early they start that. It was almost like it didn't want to share its mama. It was fine if the "new" baby stayed far enough away. They're buddies now, just had to keep an eye on them the first day.

8. country lovin

country lovin Songster

Sep 17, 2015
    Rockford Washington
    One of the marans eggs that was supposed to go into lockdown felt really heavy so I opened it. It wasn't even fertile! So now I don't know if the one in lockdown is good or not. And the 4 in the coolerbator. I have seen Gaston 8th Penney many times so I'm hoping that was an egg from his first few days here.

9. Saris

Saris Songster

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane
    Oh poo. Hopefully it is good.

Silly babies!

10. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Songster

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho

Oh good! I see them start that at day one! Poor Showgirl was picked on terribly at first.

Gaston... Oh I love that name!!

We need a good Disney villian name for my little Cemani roo, since we've used Jafar. Anyone have ideas? The pullet is Ursula.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by