North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Scott H

Scott H Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2012
    Twin Lakes, ID
    My Coop
    Hey, I'm looking to rehome a Blue Laced Red Black Wyandotte cockerel'
    He is a beautiful bird located in North Idaho originally out of Foley lines, bred by Chickenhill Farms. Good temperament and not an all day crower.[​IMG] Free, of course, to a good home. Pictures don't do him justice. He's big and about 6 months old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

3. darina

darina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2014
    Hello!

I finally found the thread for this area, it only took me months to get the hang of this website and track down the thread I wanted. [​IMG]

I live outside Coeur d'Alene, and I am so happy to find people who can talk chicken with me. In May my wonderful husband took me to Big R to purchase chicks. I planned on 3 EE's and 2 of another breed, which I would determine once I was at the store. I ended up getting Partridge Rocks and had to get 4 EE's because I would have left one chick in an aquarium all by her lonesome. ...Since then chicken math has struck twice, my boss gave me 4 culls from her flock. Funny thing, one has not started laying, and the other 3 lay almost EVERY SINGLE DAY. The second installment of pullets was a Craigslist find. When I went to buy them, I could see they had Scaly Leg Mites, so I have been treating them, and with good results.

I think every day I see another breed that I want... Sigh.[​IMG]

4. darina

May 10, 2014
    Oh yes, Scramble55 you found me and welcomed me on another thready, but I am glad to find out you live in my neck of the woods! Yay!!!

5. Scrambles55

Scrambles55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2013
    Beautiful North Idaho!
    Yay!! Howdy neighbor!

6. darina

May 10, 2014
    Hello Nan,

Athol is so close to Coeur d'Alene and I have been dreaming about Silver Gray Dorkings for months. I started reading about them and just thought they sounded like the coolest bird. I am interested in a couple for the spring, if any are available. All of your breeds sound like you researched them well and chose them for their special qualities. I hope to hear from you again!

7. nanclapper

nanclapper Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2011
    North Idaho
    Hi Darina,

I sent you an email. I love Silver Grey Dorkings. The hens look like proper country hens and the cockerels look like they're wearing black business suits. They are absolutely beautiful. Right now I have about 15 cockerels hatched last year that I have allowed to free range, so the "boys" have been all over the pastures. With the snow, however, they tend to stay in thier coop.

Anyways, like I said in my email, hatching has begun! Let me know when you are ready and I should have availability.

Nancy

8. darina

May 10, 2014
    I can't stop thinking about chicks, the sickness has set in early! How can everyone else remain so calm?

9. titika

titika Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2013
    I can't wait to start hatching

10. darina

May 10, 2014
    Hatching what? Chickens, Quail? Anything within reach? Heehee. This weekend I ordered a kit for a Chicken Tractor/pen.

By the way, here is a local guys who makes small coops out of "found" materials. Pretty cool if you ask me!

https://www.facebook.com/MountainManChickenCoops

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by