North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. nanclapper

nanclapper Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2011
    North Idaho
    Hi all, I live in Athol Idaho. I raise Silver Gray Dorking heritage chickens and just started raising heritage White Holland Turkey and Naragansett Turkeys. My turkeys haven't started laying yet, hopefully in a month.

I do have a young breeding pair of Blue Silkies, but she hasn't started laying eggs yet. I plan to sell SG Dorking and Silkie chicks when I have them and also turkey poults

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. titika

titika Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2013
    I'm in Post Falls. I'd be interested in a couple silkie chicks when you have them

3. MrsFitzBear

MrsFitzBear Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2014
    Hello! I'm in Hayden, ID, and just purchased my first 13 chicks, with another three on the way. Just wanted to connect with some local folks for advice and encouragement as we begin this endeavor :)

4. titika

titika Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2013
    it's a lot of fun. I love having fresh eggs and watching them. I'm in post falls.

5. MrsFitzBear

Apr 18, 2014
    I do love it so far! I could just sit and watch them for hours, haha :) I brought them into the living room last night, four at a time, so that we could socialize with them. We want them to be friendly when they're older, so we're doing what we can to get them used to handling and being around people in general. Headed to Big R tomorrow to pick up a few more chicks. Crazy how I've only just begun, and I'm already coming up with more that I want!

6. MrsFitzBear

Apr 18, 2014
    Does anybody locally have Maran pullets for sale? I'm interested!

7. LittleRedJen

LittleRedJen Just Hatched

Sep 11, 2013
    Kooskia, Idaho
    I just moved up to Kooskia a month ago. I had to sell my chickens last fall to get ready for the move, and one of the first things I did when I got up here was place an order for more! This time around I'm doing Speckled Sussex, which I plan to breed. They are coming in just a few weeks. I can't wait!

8. Scrambles55

Scrambles55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2013
    Beautiful North Idaho!
    I live in North Idaho and I have a 5 week old rooster to rehome. He is a Lavender Ameraucauna pure bred. Nice looking. Needs to go ASAP. He is much bigger than the picture.
    [​IMG]

9. Scrambles55

Mar 30, 2013
    Beautiful North Idaho!
    I need some also.

10. Scrambles55

Mar 30, 2013
    Beautiful North Idaho!

Welcome!! I live in Cd'a. Howdy neighbor! Let me know if you find some Marans. I want the BCM.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by