North Idaho / Eastern Washington

My lead hen raced out into the yard, the morning after our first snow, and then freaked out when she realized that it wasn't just oddly colored lawn! She made such a fuss that none of the other hens would even attempt to leave the pen and I had to pick her up and carry her back as she had flown from the coop ramp, about eight feet out into the yard, and then refused to move. She just sat their squawking as if the snow was trying to eat her LOL Other than that, they don't seem to be bothered by the weather at all.

Yeah, mine hate to walk on it... I've been taking the hay that the goats don't like and kick out of their feeder, mine are a bit picky, and spreading it down for them a bit. I have a tarp up in the run to give them some snow free space, when I redo next year the whole coop setup I want to make a kinda patio for them and make it a bit more stable.

Just means we all need to gab more! I have eggies in the incubator now, if I calculated right lockdown is tonight. When I candled the other day 36 our of 42 looked good, so we'll see what a last candle tonight brings!

All of my babies were hatched by their momma's i wasnt expecting all of the babies i got last year because my darn hens went and hid their nests and by the time we found them, they either already hatched their eggs or getting close. We built a coop last November and they have all been on lockdown since and will be on lockdown until the bugs come out. that way they will hopefully go to their nest buckets to lay their instead of behind the dog kennel or in the neighbors hay barn...hehehe. no babies for me this year. i still am looking for homes for some of mine.

Just means we all need to gab more! I have eggies in the incubator now, if I calculated right lockdown is tonight. When I candled the other day 36 our of 42 looked good, so we'll see what a last candle tonight brings!
Ya got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS so far on your good eggs!!
fl.gif

All of my babies were hatched by their momma's i wasnt expecting all of the babies i got last year because my darn hens went and hid their nests and by the time we found them, they either already hatched their eggs or getting close. We built a coop last November and they have all been on lockdown since and will be on lockdown until the bugs come out. that way they will hopefully go to their nest buckets to lay their instead of behind the dog kennel or in the neighbors hay barn...hehehe. no babies for me this year. i still am looking for homes for some of mine.
How much are you asking for your babies? How old are they? I need to figure out some things, but I may be interested. I have 2 Silkies in the brooder right now and they are gonna have to be there awhile.

Back
Top Bottom