North Idaho / Eastern Washington

One more week before the eggs i got from firedragon hatch. DH still doesnt know that there are 10 eggs under Rumples. Teehee... I am excited to see what i get.
Unfortunately, my golden sexlink is going downhill. She is almost 2 years old and laid the biggest eggs. I think she has layed herself to death. She no longer lays eggs and i think that she is laying internally. This is how my 4 previous sexlinks have died.

One more week before the eggs i got from firedragon hatch. DH still doesnt know that there are 10 eggs under Rumples. Teehee... I am excited to see what i get.
Unfortunately, my golden sexlink is going downhill. She is almost 2 years old and laid the biggest eggs. I think she has layed herself to death. She no longer lays eggs and i think that she is laying internally. This is how my 4 previous sexlinks have died.
Oh no! Poor baby
sad.png

I can't wait to see what you get either! If your husband gives you any sass, just let him know they're olive eggers/tinted egg layers and that you're expanding the color range of your current eggs
wink.png

MORE DUCKLINGS!

5 "Somethings"

1 Buff Duck

1 Pekin

1 Blue Swedish

1 Black Swedish

4 Khaki Campbells

They're really sweet and -of course- really messy! All are supposedly girls...let's keep our fingers crossed!
fl.gif

I forgot to mention that I had no brooder at this time...so the bathtub was lined with a tarp and filled with bedding. Thankfully we have another shower...

Last edited:
MORE DUCKLINGS!

5 "Somethings"

1 Buff Duck

1 Pekin

1 Blue Swedish

1 Black Swedish

4 Khaki Campbells

They're really sweet and -of course- really messy! All are supposedly girls...let's keep our fingers crossed!
fl.gif

I forgot to mention that I had no brooder at this time...so the bathtub was lined with a tarp and filled with bedding. Thankfully we have another shower...
Oh, soooo cute! I love baby ducks!

He will probably shake his head and say"Its a good thing I love ya."I will probably keep 2 or 3 and rehome the others. I have a friend that might need fresh blood in her flock. I hope she takes some. I will for sure post pictures of all of the chicks.

Last edited:
I will be at the CD'A library tomorrow Mon. at 2:00 pm, if anyone wants to come and say hi, and/or bring eggs I would be more than happy to visit! I will be hanging out by the computers. Nikki.

Last edited:
I have my first broody!! Claire one of my Black Copper Marans pullets has decided she needs to be a mother I guess. She has 8 eggs I think. I did notice that she moved to a different box from where she was last night and this morning. I think my grandaughter took the eggs that were under her yesterday, she does that all the time when the hens are in the box laying. I think I will have to put a latch up high on the door that only her mom can open while I am at work. How many eggs should I give her? They are just the mixed breeds.

I have my first broody!! Claire one of my Black Copper Marans pullets has decided she needs to be a mother I guess. She has 8 eggs I think. I did notice that she moved to a different box from where she was last night and this morning. I think my grandaughter took the eggs that were under her yesterday, she does that all the time when the hens are in the box laying. I think I will have to put a latch up high on the door that only her mom can open while I am at work.  How many eggs should I give her? They are just the mixed breeds.

Set all the eggs!

Back
Top Bottom