North Idaho / Eastern Washington

The joy of eggs a day from lockdown. SO stoked!!! I will post pics when they hatch of course!

Good luck! Excited to see pictures
1f60a.png

I'm just starting to get duck eggs (only 3 a day right now) and I have goose eggs for sale, too.

Oh really! I have never tried a goose egg! If you start getting enough duck eggs and want to sell some let me know:) last year they sold some at pilgrims in cda. So i keep checking but so far they havent had any.
I do also have a girl up the road i buy raw milk from some times. She was selling some duck eggs last year. I havent been able to get ahold of her yet but im trying to see if she will be.
And i only have ducklings right now.... so it will be a while till we get our own

Last edited:
Oh really! I have never tried a goose egg! If you start getting enough duck eggs and want to sell some let me know:) last year they sold some at pilgrims in cda. So i keep checking but so far they havent had any.
I do also have a girl up the road i buy raw milk from some times. She was selling some duck eggs last year. I havent been able to get ahold of her yet but im trying to see if she will be.
And i only have ducklings right now.... so it will be a while till we get our own

Right now, I could sell half a dozen duck eggs at a time easily. If they keep at it, I will let you know. My goose eggs may be reserved for the next week or so, I'm waiting to hear back from a gal who wants to trade eggs for milk.

Right now, I could sell half a dozen duck eggs at a time easily. If they keep at it, I will let you know. My goose eggs may be reserved for the next week or so, I'm waiting to hear back from a gal who wants to trade eggs for milk.

Okay thanks. I dont think we are interested in the goose eggs. But i will message you next time we are headed that direction and see if you have any available. We go thru alot of eggs. So i would like to buy a couple dozen at a time:)

@UGLYFOOT hi, did your f/w hatch yet?

I had two separate hatches of only one duckling. My in-laws took them both. I have had terrible hatches for ducks and turkeys. Not sure what's up with that. Turkeys are done laying for this year I guess. Might try some more ducks if there is interest in the ducklings, but I don't want to get stuck brooding them. Yuck. Their cute... Just messy

Update on the Deathlayer chicks. All are thriving! Moved the new brooder box indoors after the light switch was turned off in garage killing my only two shipped egg Silverudds Blue (Isbar) to hatch, a White Ameracauna and a turkey poult. Saved the other three Ameracauna and the turkey. So the"Platinum chicks" as my hubby calls the Deathlayers are safe and sound indoors with 11 Serama next door.

Fertility check of the first silkied eggs proved to be duds, but more are in an showing signs of life!

Easter HAL has the fertility checks for BCM'S, Silverudds Blue (Isbar), Ayam Cemani and more Silkied AM's, plus 68 quail eggs.

New Standard colored Double Laced Barnevelder rooster is in quarantine in the greenhouse where he will be joined by the girls in three weeks. He did well at the Monroe WA show. The breeder Janell Pruette from Western Wa, took champion Continental with her Double laced Barnevelder hen.

That is what's happening at Fowl Creations Farm..

Back
Top Bottom