North to Alaska!

Pics
I've been able to find an old ordinance for the City of Wasilla, but I don't live within city limits and so I believe the bourough code is what we would adhere to. But, thus far, I've been unable to teach down the bourough codes regarding chickens, if there even are any.

Call the borough office in Palmer. They can tell you for sure.

Animal Care & Regulation
Carol Vardeman
907-761-7505

Do any of the Fairbanks folks know of anyone that breeds and sells chicks locally? We picked up about some chicks at the feed store, but I was interested to know if anyone sells any other breeds. We are back up 18 birds right now. I don't want to have to order another 25 from the hatchery, and my husband will probably divide me if I do.

Oliversmom, I don't know if you are interested in roos, but once my chicks are old enough to tell I'll be culling the roos from my flock as I'm sure my neighbors would kill me if I kept them. If you are interested and ever come to the valley I can keep you updated. I have 19 chicks currently and hatching eggs on the way so there should be at least a few. They are mostly mutts but are all bred from Americauna and RIR breeds. I'll also hopefully have some black copper marans if the hatch goes well once we get our eggs.

Back
Top Bottom