North to Alaska!

Pics
Attention: I will be having an auction starting this Sunday 3/30/14 until Saturday 04/05/14. This will be a first here @ Alaska Flock Talk Swap.
I have a pair of French Black Copper Marans They are 8 weeks old I will be posting better pictures as the week goes by. Local pick up is preferred. I can ship I do have access to a shipping box. Buyer will be responsible for arranging shipping. No Reserve, bidding will increase in $1 dollar increments.
This is for fun and testing the water, for others wishing to do the same.
Fairbanks<
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AlaskaFlockTalkSwap/

Hi. New to chickens. Live in North Pole so anyone in the interior that could help me out would be Great! I just got 3 chicks from Alaska Feed and they are now 4 days old. They are in the brooder and seem to be very happy. I am going to begin construction on a winter coop soon and have some questions if anyone has time. Thanks for all the great reading already though!

There is lots of information on the different Facebook Alaska pages. Are you a member of those?

I am happy to help though.

North Pole is pretty cold in the winter though, right?

My temps aren't so bad since I am close to Homer. I am way up on a hill and get a bunch of wind, which definitely adds problems.

yes, this year was pretty mild but usually get at least a week if not more of -40+. I am on a lot of the FB pages so maybe I will get more info from reading. I am mostly curious about building the coop. I know most don't heat them, and insulating is an option, but I am still so new to this LOL. I will get it all figured out someday soon :)

I am definately learning a lot about this and am very exited to start building! Have already been bartering for supplies to build. all of my friends are very excited for fresh eggs.

Back
Top Bottom