North to Alaska!

Bought it all only hubby has not put it up for me yet!!😡 Such a huge problem with brown bears this year. Lived here nearly 50 years and I've NEVER seen it like this! But, yes, I have it all ready to put up, just praying every night that it will be done in time. Still plenty of fish in the streams, soon they will be gone!

Bought it all only hubby has not put it up for me yet!!😡 Such a huge problem with brown bears this year. Lived here nearly 50 years and I've NEVER seen it like this! But, yes, I have it all ready to put up, just praying every night that it will be done in time. Still plenty of fish in the streams, soon they will be gone!
Yep, it is getting cold fast. :(

I have been lucky at my place, only a tiny black bear on occasion, so I haven't had to set up electric.

Welcome to the BYC.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Put a heat lamp in the coop that points down to the waterer so it dosn't freeze.
I just moved down here to Alabama from Alaska last year. I lived in Alaska for the last 26 years but I didn't have chickens then.
I lived in Anchorage, Homer, Cordova & Kodiak Island. Man do I miss Alaska and it sure is HOT down here in Bama.

Jayare

Back
Top Bottom