Northeastern Ohio- blue EE roo and black EE pullet

chixmaidservice

Songster
9 Years
Oct 13, 2013
My kids are telling me I have to get rid of our EE roo. Our coop is very close to our house and there is a grocery store on the other side. The roo interprets the grocery parking lot lights that come on at 4:30 am as "here comes the sun". He is a very proud and happy boy crowing his head off well before 5 am. He is only about 6 mos old and is a lovely grey blue color with rusty red wing patches and some lovely golden neck feathers. Being so young he is still ignored and chased to a low position in the pecking order by the older hens. He is very sweet to his hatchmate, a black EE pullet (not a sibling as I bought 2 fertile eggs to put under a broody), and I am offering both to a good home. Since he is scarlet and grey his name is Buckeye and hers is Shadow.

Last edited:
I am so sorry that your kids want you to get rid of him. I would defenitaly keep him, and if you absolutely need to, put a no-crow collar on him.

Thanks for the advice, I was totally unaware of rooster collars, just did some quick reading and will try a childs sock top tonight. At least you may have given me a solution if no one wants him and his hatchmate.

Calpal, I would love to rehome him and his best girl to someone that wants some green eggs and blue chicks- I do not want to ship them all the way to Colorado though. How had you planned to get them?

Bumping this- no one interested in a beautiful cockerel with a point of lay pullet thrown in to sweeten the deal? Both free... Pick up or willing to meet w/ in reason

What city? I live on a farm in Columbus, PA (NW PA) and would love some green eggs. :)

Last edited:
Hi Seracross, I am in Twinsburg, close to I-80, can be to Niles,( where 80 and 76 cross and change numbers) in just over an hour, about an hour and a half to Pa. line. Would definitely drive the dashing duo that far to get them a happy new home. Talk to me, I have to work Saturday, but Sunday is wide open...

Ok, looked at map and got bearings and see you are off 90... would meet at Conneaught/ State Line?...

Back
Top Bottom