Northeastern Poultry Congress - Springfield, Mass - Jan 14-15, 2012

Quote:
They had little plastic cups last year. I purchased some cage cups for feed and some of those pop bottle waterers. We'll see how the waterers work. Never used them yet.
They'll probably be some for sale again this year.

Sent in my entry Monday. Finally decided on the 5 Buffs and the 1 Gray that will be shown.
celebrate.gif
Can't wait.
Just have to figure out now where the birds will go when I wash them. I think i'll stack 2 wire dog crates on top of eachother, fill the pans with shavings and cover the crates so the heat stays in from the heat lamp.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see your SQ buffs!! I know I will be
droolin.gif
!! LOL. I'm still debating and need to hurry up bc its almost the cut off right?

Ughhh, decisions decisions!!

I really want to try those bottle waterers. You'll have to tell me what you think of them
smile.png

Quote:
They had little plastic cups last year. I purchased some cage cups for feed and some of those pop bottle waterers. We'll see how the waterers work. Never used them yet.

Sent in my entry Monday. Finally decided on the 5 Buffs and the 1 Gray that will be shown.
celebrate.gif
Can't wait.
Just have to figure out now where the birds will go when I wash them. I think i'll stack 2 wire dog crates on top of eachother, fill the pans with shavings and cover the crates so the heat stays in from the heat lamp.

Last edited:
Beth G. :

I can't wait to see your SQ buffs!! I know I will be
droolin.gif
!! LOL. I'm still debating and need to hurry up bc its almost the cut off right?

Ughhh, decisions decisions!!

I really want to try those bottle waterers. You'll have to tell me what you think of them
smile.png

Quote:

celebrate.gif
Can't wait.

I've used the pop bottle waters, not the best but if you want to keep your silkie face dry, it's better then a cup. I usually drop the bottom off and water goes everywhere!

OK, everyone. I have an issue that I figured I would bring up.
To enter this show, pullorum paperwork must be submitted with the entry, and it will be checked at the door.
I am NOT NPIP, however my birds were tested within the time limit. I have a certificate from New York State, stating all 9 of my showbirds tested negative. I also have a test paper from Delaware, within the 1 yr window, from another bird, negative for pullorum, and for 10 of my flock testing negative for AI.
I sent all of these papers in with my entry, HOWEVER, the NYS papers have handwritten on them "expires in 90 days"
My friend is trying to contact show officials, we have alot of money tied up in this between hotels, gasoline, ferry rides, time off work, etc., and we are both getting a little nervous.
The show catalog states pullorum testing "within one year".
We do not want to be turned away at the door. Any suggestions?
Roberta

Quote:
The entry book says this ALL LAND FOWL BROUGHT TO THE SHOW MUST HAVE A CURRENT PULLORUM CERTIFICATE. If you are in the NPIP program your birds get tested once a year. If you just get the testing done, like when they do the testing for fairs, that lasts for 3 months (90 days).

Will your NYS paperwork be expired by the date of the show?

Quote:
The entry book says this ALL LAND FOWL BROUGHT TO THE SHOW MUST HAVE A CURRENT PULLORUM CERTIFICATE. If you are in the NPIP program your birds get tested once a year. If you just get the testing done, like when they do the testing for fairs, that lasts for 3 months (90 days).

Yes, that is already expired. But a test is a test, isn't it?
And, I contacted the NYS gal who did the tests, she said she can't retest, and I doubt if I can get NPIP within the month?
She suggested I call my vet, who isn't familiar with the pullorum test. She offered to draw blood, and send to a lab in California, and I think this is going to turn into an expensive nightmare....

Hi, You do not need to be NPIP to show. In the State of Mass they only ask for a negative Salmonella Pullorum test within one year. If the bird is under 4 months of age (I would guess for sale) it can use the parent stock negative test as long as it is within one year.

Remember NPIP stands only for: National Poultry Improvement Plan and has different regulations to enter that program based on State. It doesn't matter if you are NPIP to show in the State of MA I have shown at many of their shows and never been turned down as long as my test results were within the one year time frame at the time of show. I don't understand why your NYS test paperwork would say void within 90 days? Do you have a current test cert that was dated for your birds to be shown after feb 2010?
Quote:

Yes, that is already expired. But a test is a test, isn't it?
And, I contacted the NYS gal who did the tests, she said she can't retest, and I doubt if I can get NPIP within the month?
She suggested I call my vet, who isn't familiar with the pullorum test. She offered to draw blood, and send to a lab in California, and I think this is going to turn into an expensive nightmare....

Good Thinking!! I bought faceclothes but, really wish I had papertowels last show
hmm.png

Quote:
I've used the pop bottle waters, not the best but if you want to keep your silkie face dry, it's better then a cup. I usually drop the bottom off and water goes everywhere!

Adding papertowels to my list of what to bring.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom