Northeastern Poultry Congress - Springfield, Mass - Jan 14-15, 2012

Quote:
Yes, I am not planning on shoing this year because I know the paperwork from this State takes forever even once they come out and test.

AI - is Avian Influensa, right?

i had my birds tested last year the first week of February and the paperwork came back a week later. it could be the time of year when you've had it done is when everyone else seems to get it done too. it might be that during the show & fair season testing is very demanding on getting their paperwork completed and sent out. i got the testing done but i didn't submit for the NPIP number which i think is the part that takes longer to receive back. next year i plan on sending that stuff in.

i am about 30 minutes from UNH where they do the actual testing of the blood. in NH there is the state vet and his assistant who lives somewhere about an hour and a half from me on the other side of the state! in NH they have a grant funded AI/P/T testing that ends usually on March 31st each year. but it sounds like the grant funding might be up in the air each year if they will receive it or not.

I know. I probably won't end up taking her. I don't know. I could put her down and leave her where she is and just hope she looks nice a month from now. She molted and lost a lot of feathers, but now she has a lot of pin feathers in her crest, so I'm hoping that she'll fill back out really soon.

Beth G. :

Yeah but, if he starts a rippin out crest hairs then what?
ep.gif
I tried that in the spring with one of my older gals and she started fighting with all the other girls in the pen yanking out crest feathers, I freaked and said OK your out!!
duc.gif

Quote:

I wish CT would get the grant!!!!!! I know of MA having it along with many other states but, I feel like CT never cuts us a break. Everytime they come to my house it's a $1 per bird which most folks say ahhh that's not bad. BUT, when you have as many birds as I do and are in the NPIP AI H5/H7 clean program they come out every three months and wack me for $150+ each time
rant.gif

I'm glad to see other states are giving back to their chickie peeps!!!
thumbsup.gif

Chickie'sMoma :

in NH they have a grant funded AI/P/T testing that ends usually on March 31st each year. but it sounds like the grant funding might be up in the air each year if they will receive it or not.​

Oh yeah you have a whole month I wouldn't be surprised if she looks great in two weeks. For any pins still attached I would bathe her in Two weeks to help loosen them, brush her out gently with a fine comb and see how she looks then. If she looks good after that then she'll be fine in the extra two weeks to fill in
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

Last edited:
I use a flea comb to help open the pin feathers. I'm not taking her. She isn't impressing me enough. I think I am going to sign up for three blues and two splash. I probably may only take two of the blues though.

Beth G. :

Oh yeah you have a whole month I wouldn't be surprised if she looks great in two weeks. For any pins still attached I would bathe her in Two weeks to help loosen them, brush her out gently with a fine comb and see how she looks then. If she looks good after that then she'll be fine in the extra two weeks to fill in
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

Ahhh those do work awesome!! I Keep forgetting to buy one
sad.png

So only 5??? Wow I feel overwhelmed now! Is Lexi showing too? Or does that include her? lol

OMG, I get outta work in 13 mins
ya.gif
ya.gif
Can't wait!!!

Quote:

No, doesn't include Lexi. She is showing two buffs and a splash.

Beth G. :

Ahhh those do work awesome!! I Keep forgetting to buy one
sad.png

So only 5??? Wow I feel overwhelmed now! Is Lexi showing too? Or does that include her? lol

OMG, I get outta work in 13 mins
ya.gif
ya.gif
Can't wait!!!

Quote:​

Quote:
Yes, I am not planning on shoing this year because I know the paperwork from this State takes forever even once they come out and test.

AI - is Avian Influensa, right?

As long as you're tested and have your paperwork in by the day of the show, go ahead and enter. Anyone who didn't send in their paperwork with their entry will have to show it at the door and will be allowed in.

Back
Top Bottom