Northeastern Poultry Congress - Springfield, Mass - Jan 14-15, 2012

great show today! this is my third year going and i always have a great time! i always do a junior showmanship class, but i came too late for senior showmanship, so i entered intermediate
hide.gif
i can't go back tomorrow unfortunatly so i'll have no idea how i did. if it's not too much trouble could someone let me know who placed first and reserve? first name only is fine. if you want to take it a step further and let me know how i placed, i can PM you my name...

i also came home with a rather unexpected last minute quail d'anvers pair. the pullet's so cute you could die lol! pics tomorrow when i'm not so sleepy.

'night all.

Last edited:
What a great time! Sorry we didn't last longer.... I really started to stress about the drive home.
Mallory, great pics! What an amazing display of birds.
Beth G. Thanks for making my son, one happy guy. He turned 13 this week and is just over the moon about the whole experience, says 'thanks, Mom, for such a great birthday trip.'. And I was worried hat he'd be bored...
hmm.png

beth G is so great for the chicken world my daughter loves to visit all her birds an she just knows so much an is willing to help anyone.she is so good with all the kids an helping them work with the right birds she truly does care about the people an not just the birds.

Had a blast with my 2 new turkens (I think they are beautiful) and that totally to die for Polish roo. I put them in the kitchen to chill out and the POlish was crowing the the Turkens were sleeping. It was great to meet the folks that I met...especially Stoopid feeding the Polish her muffin. If anyone sees the guy in the sales area with the turkens, could you get his card? I lost it somewhere. Richard put up pics as a separate thread under Chickenstocks.
The turkens are marigold and Black Dahlia and the Polish is Andy Rooney.

It was so great meeting you at the show. I posted Andy Rooney's picture on my fb page and my friends went wild over him. My daughter wants a Polish now!

What a great time! Sorry we didn't last longer.... I really started to stress about the drive home.
Mallory, great pics! What an amazing display of birds.
Beth G. Thanks for making my son, one happy guy. He turned 13 this week and is just over the moon about the whole experience, says 'thanks, Mom, for such a great birthday trip.'. And I
Your son is one awesome kid. It was so great meeting you both. I hope the trip home wasn't too much of a nightmare. I got to within 1/2 hour of home and hit a massive traffic jam. So frustrating!

I really enjoyed my first show. I'll have to post some of the pics I took of the birds. Some are on the Southern NY thread.

So the Polish is crowing in the kitchen at 530 this morning. I asked Richard why he didn't shhut the alarm off: he said ust to puch his head down to shut off the alarm
gig.gif

It's after 8AM and he has crowed now for over 2 hours. If it warms up a bit, he's going outside. The girl turkens are all perked up and having a good time looking around.

So the Polish is crowing in the kitchen at 530 this morning. I asked Richard why he didn't shhut the alarm off: he said ust to puch his head down to shut off the alarm
gig.gif

It's after 8AM and he has crowed now for over 2 hours. If it warms up a bit, he's going outside. The girl turkens are all perked up and having a good time looking around.

yuckyuck.gif

some days i think my dh wants to do that to the occasional noisy boy that crows earlier than 6am!

Yes it was! I felt so bad, he was gorgeous! I saw another cage that was mis-marked and the judge just circled it and the bird got Reserve variety so maybe the cochin judge was more strict? Yes some of those roosters were absolutely massive, I was in awe of them! The Brahma roo I took a picture of was, I swear, at least 3 feet tall!
ep.gif

Mallory, was that splash frizzled boy the one that got his color mis-marked and didn't place because of it? if it was that was Jamie Matts' daughter's bird! he was a sweetie when she was sitting on the bench later before i left around 3 today.

i am always impressed when i see how LARGE the LF birds actually are, especially the roosters at full growth! i tend to only keep bantams but now i'm moving into the LF with my favs and i'll have to make much more room for them!
lol.png

beth G is so great for the chicken world my daughter loves to visit all her birds an she just knows so much an is willing to help anyone.she is so good with all the kids an helping them work with the right birds she truly does care about the people an not just the birds.

Aww Thanks Jimmy your so nice!! Thank you again for all the cookies and Fudge too Debbie your the best baker ever
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom