Northeastern Poultry Congress - Springfield, Mass - Jan 14-15, 2012

What a great time! Sorry we didn't last longer.... I really started to stress about the drive home.
Mallory, great pics! What an amazing display of birds.
Beth G. Thanks for making my son, one happy guy. He turned 13 this week and is just over the moon about the whole experience, says 'thanks, Mom, for such a great birthday trip.'. And I was worried hat he'd be bored...
hmm.png

Thank you for coming and it was sooo nice to meet you and your son!! What a great kid you have
wink.png
I wish you both Happy Hatching and please keep me posted
fl.gif

Mallory!!! I'm sooo happy you were able to find a nice LF boy you wanted
woot.gif

But, I must say I am bummed I didn't get to meet you
sad.png
Maybe next time we can find each other just to say Hi and put a face to a name!!!

Last edited:
Here are my babies that did not do very well at the show. I still love them and hope in the future they grow and get better.

Sadly enough I was a bit dissappointed that this little lady did not place. She won 2nd and RV at the NEBC Show in November but, I still think she is a great bird!

As Beautiful as my white pullet was, she would not stand or show for the judge, therefore he would not place her
sad.png
Boy was that hard to swallow knowing how nice this bird is.

My black pullet did not place. There were alot of really really nice black bantam cochin pullets in this show. She is not fully developed and her cushion needs to fill in alot more. I hope to do better with her in the fall
fl.gif

As I expected my other white boy placed 3rd behind my other boy. I love them both but, had a suspicion one was better than the other
wink.png

Now I know for sure
thumbsup.gif

Oh and my Parti Silkie Cockrel I did not show. He had a big scratch in his comb with a scab and I didn't want to show him. Poor boy all wounded.

Yes it was! I felt so bad, he was gorgeous! I saw another cage that was mis-marked and the judge just circled it and the bird got Reserve variety so maybe the cochin judge was more strict? Yes some of those roosters were absolutely massive, I was in awe of them! The Brahma roo I took a picture of was, I swear, at least 3 feet tall!
ep.gif

Quote: I had three tags out of ten mismarked! I caught two, but missed the third, and as a result, my hen did not get judged. There were a lot of mismarked tags all over the show. Still, I'll be going back - it's a great show, even if they are exaggerating on the "heated building" thing....
roll.png
Next time, I think I'll wear my silk underwear!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to all of the people who helped man the BYC table. I won't name names because I may forget someone, but you were all great! Because of your help, Roberta was able to take care of selling her birds and eggs, and I got to have a personal lesson/critique from one of the top breeders of Faverolles in the country. Plus, we had time to feed and water our birds, and touch base with others, talk to the judges, etc. We could NOT have done it without you! It was really great to meet so many members there - thanks for stopping by the table and signing the poster and making your name tags. Don't hate me, but I probably won't remember the faces with the names, as it was pretty crazy sometimes. It was really fun to introduce people to BYC, although how anyone can have chickens and not know about us is beyond me. Apparently there is a great deal of confusion between BYC and Backyard Poultry Magazine, which I think we cleared up. We did meet a few people who were in the process of planning their coops for future flocks, and it was pretty cool answering questions for them. Hopefully they will be the people we all talk to in the future. I think next time there is a table anywhere, it would be great to have a laptop to really show people what the site is all about. Thanks again!!

Took some pictures, but I'll put them up after I've had a nap and put my feet up - they are throbbing!

Mallory!!! I'm sooo happy you were able to find a nice LF boy you wanted
woot.gif

But, I must say I am bummed I didn't get to meet you
sad.png
Maybe next time we can find each other just to say Hi and put a face to a name!!!

Thanks Beth! Me too! I absolutely love him, he is the sweetest thing! I know I wish I could have met you too, I went past by your birds a few times (I knew they were yours because there were boxes underneath that said "Beth" and had a CT phone number lol) hoping to see you but I'm sure you were out looking at the other birds just like I was! Your birds are even more beautiful in person :) Hopefully I will meet you and other CT peeps at another show!!

I want to thank everyone for making this such a great show. I'm sorry I couldn't make it over to the BYC table, I was pretty busy the whole time. It sounds as though it went really well for you guys. The building is definitely heated, it just took one trip from outside back into the building this morning to tell (brrr!). It's so hard to actually get the temp in such a big building up when doors are constantly opened, but it stays warm enough so the birds water doesn't freeze. I really hope everyone had a great time, and for those who attended for the first time, I hope we'll see you back again next year! :)

Back
Top Bottom