Northern Arizona Red Dorking pair

Parront

Crossing the Road
Jul 27, 2017
Prescott, AZ
These Red Dorkings are from Sandhill Preservation in Iowa. They are 14 weeks old, I wanted to keep them, but my rooster has been reported to the city and I have to give them up. I hope that a person who would like to breed good quality Red Dorkings will want them. I will put them in the USPS and send them, but the shipping will be high. I have some time, he is not crowing yet. When he crows, he has to go . . . :(

Is the other a Pullet? I'm in rim country and I'm half tempted.
Yes, I want to sell them together as a pair. You could drive to Prescott, save a lot on shipping. I have 2 Red Dorking cockerels and one pullet. One of the cockerels has a cross-beak and it could be genetic or not, it developed the past 2-3 weeks. They were hatched May 4, 2021. These photos are a couple of weeks old. The pullet is shyer, hard to get a shot of her, but she has good Dorking feet with 5 toes, and is a nice size. It would be a shame to have to eat this guy, so I am willing to sell them together. Would $50 for the pair sound fair to you? You could have the cross-beak male free if you want him.

Attachments

• IMG_6332.JPG
    IMG_6332.JPG
    509.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6333.JPG
    IMG_6333.JPG
    572.6 KB · Views: 6
Yes, I want to sell them together as a pair. You could drive to Prescott, save a lot on shipping. I have 2 Red Dorking cockerels and one pullet. One of the cockerels has a cross-beak and it could be genetic or not, it developed the past 2-3 weeks. They were hatched May 4, 2021. These photos are a couple of weeks old. The pullet is shyer, hard to get a shot of her, but she has good Dorking feet with 5 toes, and is a nice size. It would be a shame to have to eat this guy, so I am willing to sell them together. Would $50 for the pair sound fair to you? You could have the cross-beak male free if you want him.
That is more than a fair price, I really wish I could take you up on it, I'd love to have them but this morning my neighbor (3 houses down, my neighbors next to me didn't even know I had chicken!) told me that she 'hopes I don't get a rooster again since he was annoying' (he wasn't, he was the quietest chicken I owned) but she's the sister of the man I lease my house from and I get the impression that if she doesn't like something, it could turn into a mess.
I'm sorry, I'd take them if I could! Have you asked Bluebaby? I believe she uses Dorkings in her breeding program.

That is more than a fair price, I really wish I could take you up on it, I'd love to have them but this morning my neighbor (3 houses down, my neighbors next to me didn't even know I had chicken!) told me that she 'hopes I don't get a rooster again since he was annoying' (he wasn't, he was the quietest chicken I owned) but she's the sister of the man I lease my house from and I get the impression that if she doesn't like something, it could turn into a mess.
I'm sorry, I'd take them if I could! Have you asked Bluebaby? I believe she uses Dorkings in her breeding program.
Yes, she is getting a Colored Dorking from me.

I wanted the pullet, but I would rather have her go to someone who can breed them. I have enough egg layers if these guys can make eggs somewhere!

Back
Top Bottom