Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Animal Planet is shooting in Sacramento next week featuring chickens in a backyard environment.

They are looking for someone with 'chicken knowledge' and can appear briefly on camera with an opinion and some sort of relative expertise on the subject of living with chickens.

They are also looking for:

Homes for potentially 70+ Chickens! The chickens range in age from chicks to a few (2-3) at 18 years. Most are egg laying pets.

They need people, or groups of people that are willing to adopt chickens to be able to travel to Sacramento on Monday the 23rd of August and appear briefly (possibly comment) on camera re-homing chickens.

This could be a good educational opportunity to showcase the growing backyard chicken movement and how to properly care for chickens in a backyard environment.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested in participating in any way!

Has anyone heard anymore about this? I emailed the day this was posted. Got a short response on thursday and was told I'd be contacted with more info. I haven't heard anything since. I am about an hour and a half from sac and pretty busy, so I was hoping to have a plan in advance. I really don't want to be on the show. (I was on another animal planet show for work and it was pretty nerve wracking!)I would have been able to give some chickens a good home, though.

I don't know all the details, but I'll be up there on Monday to help out and hopefully there will be some peeps that can make it over to give some chooks a good home.

I'm pretty sure we'll need some peeps, so make sure to send an email to [email protected] if you think you may be able to help!

What day of the week is this supposed to take place? I wouldn't mind driving up to Sac to give some chooks a new home, but it would have to be Friday evening, or on a weekend.

I'd be interested, I'm about 30 miles from Sac. Only had chickens for a couple years, and theres always something new for me to learn, but I think it would be fun!I LOVE to talk chickens! I have room for a few more lifelong chicken friends! My isolation pen will be empty by then. (currently has a chick with an injury, but it is just about healed now)

How COOl they are coming to my area!! OMG!! I just realised that it is in 2 days!! Gotta go tell the hubby to cancel his plans for Monday!!

wee.gif
<-------- *me dropping everything to run and tell hubby*....................

Back
Top Bottom