NORTHERN California!

Hi everyone,

My name is Lanae and I live in a little town called Willits, which is North of SF on 101 about 3 hrs and south of Eureka about 3 hours.

I have Araucana's, Easter Eggers, and various rescued hens.

I live in West Sacramento, which is in Yolo County, NOT in Sacramento/Sacramento County, thank goodness.

We CAN have chickens, if the property is large enough. The City of West Sacramento contracts with Yolo County for animal control services. The zoning restriction considers chickens as "livestock" and there's a formula for how many/what kind of livestock can be maintained on what size lots. It's referred to as Animal Density Points, and an acre can have 25 points. Each chicken is worth one point. However, my landlady lives on the same acre where I rent (in the front house) and she keeps 3 sheep. Each sheep is 4 Animal Density Points. Therefore, she's using 12 of the 25 ADP for the property and I "can" have 13 chickens. ("Immature offspring not yet sexually mature have NO points at all and are not counted.")

I am currently under the legal limit, but I have enough "immature offspring not yet sexually mature" that WILL take me over my limit before too long.
*whistling innocently*

Quote:
If you haven't checked out the thread above, you all should, it's for this years Northern California ChickenStock meet and greet! We would love to have as many people as possible, also if you think you may come, vote for the best location for you at this thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=337497 .
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Anyone in NorCal that will have baby chicks that are a day or two old in the next couple of weeks. I have a broody and I'd love to slip in a few to her. I'm really hoping for at least one buff orpington and one other but I'm easy on that but if I had my wish it would be a dark egg layer. Thanks!

Hi from Mendocino County!
smile.png

I am actually hoping to get me first ducks SOON. Having a heckuva time finding them locally, and am really interested in getting them from Holderreads.

Anyone interested in splitting an order? I only want 3-4 ducklings and they'll only ship 10. I come to the Bay Area often and would be willing to meet anyone in N. CA halfway!!

Quote:
I'm in Fremont, just south of Hayward. Alameda County regulations allow for up to six hens in residential areas, no roosters. Rural areas allow for roosters as well as more hens.

To anyone that lives near or uses Concord Feed, their concord and pleasant hill locations are having their HUGE semi-annual sale on December 4th Saturday 8am - 5pm

Everything is 20% OFF

Hi everyone !
I just moved to Washington, but Dad is in Lake County and is getting OUT of the bird biz...and has various sizes, ages and sexes of Emus that he is looking to get rid of...he lives on Hiway 20 in Lake County (the road that goes to Fort Bragg) so maybe some one wants a Emu ?

Back
Top Bottom