Pics
Quote:
Got one for ya Roosterfry.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/19857_jaerhon_eggs_1.jpg

love.gif

Quote:
Got one for ya Roosterfry.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/19857_jaerhon_eggs_1.jpg

Yep! That's a big good looking egg! Have u noticed egg shell's and interier quality being any better than other egg laying breeds?

I noticed very good uniformity when all 3 girls were laying, only occasional malformed shells. Also many of their eggs have a telltale point on the small end; kinda hard to describe, like a tiny wrinkle at the tip. And always the biggest white eggs out of the whole flock.
smile.png

I also got a video of my roo crowing using DH's smartphone; too bad the phone is too dumb to let me download it...
rant.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep! That's a big good looking egg! Have u noticed egg shell's and interier quality being any better than other egg laying breeds?

I noticed very good uniformity when all 3 girls were laying, only occasional malformed shells. Also many of their eggs have a telltale point on the small end; kinda hard to describe, like a tiny wrinkle at the tip. And always the biggest white eggs out of the whole flock.
smile.png

I also got a video of my roo crowing using DH's smartphone; too bad the phone is too dumb to let me download it...
rant.gif

I can wait to get eggs! I'm about ready to squeeze one to see if I can get an egg out!
D.gif

I know what you mean about a "stupid" smart phone I have one, it's a black berry. I do everything on it. I have a video I took of a rooster comforting a hen while she's laying an egg??? Is this rare? I've seen him do it on at least three occasions, usually it's when a hen is stressed like when she's laying her first egg or a double yolker.

Quote:
My jaers are acting that way too! I'm turning the red light on in the coop next week, maybe that'll help them wake up!

Second thought, I'm wondering if they like there privacy maybe?? Because when I go down there to the coop I can see they all stop what their doing, make some chicken noises then come up to look at me through the fence kinda odd...
caf.gif

Quote:
My jaers are acting that way too! I'm turning the red light on in the coop next week, maybe that'll help them wake up!

Second thought, I'm wondering if they like there privacy maybe?? Because when I go down there to the coop I can see they all stop what their doing, make some chicken noises then come up to look at me through the fence kinda odd...
caf.gif

They are probably thinking "It's that food guy again - Where Is It!"
lol.png

Or they think you are the rooster...

Back
Top Bottom