Nose/ beak growth?

kudla0423

In the Brooder
Dec 24, 2016
Tampa
6 month old Easter egger pullet has a beak/ nose growth. Any ideas what this is and how to remedy it??

Last edited:
cutaneous fowl pox is a virus that is spread by mosquitoes and "hot" debris things such as scabs and feathers the dry variant is usually not deadly and can resolve on its own over the course of a few weeks in a single bird or a few months in a flock as it spreads relatively slowly if your other hen was not vaccinated it is likely that she already has it or will get it and theres not much that can be done to stop that the good thing is that your vaccinated birds will not get it if they received the fowl pox vaccine and your birds cannot re-get fowl pox there are various things that can be done to promote your birds immune system and keep them feeling good which is the most important aspect of recovery a bird that feels good is a bird that can get better a bird that feels bad is likely to get worse make sure they get plenty of water nutrients sunshine fresh air and exercise hopefully a more knowledgeable member will hop on and fill in any gaps or information/tips i left out as im sure there are a few things i missed ive heard of people putting things in their chickens' water to boost their immune systems but i dont know if they actually work i cannot vouch for them as i have never used any additives whatsoever
in the meantime be patient calm and keep a watchful eye on your birds for any drop in energy and of course keeping things clean and tidy cant hurt but probably wont exactly help until the virus has run its course through the flock just make sure any birds you acquire in the next few months have been vaccinated

Back
Top Bottom