NOT a good way to wake up at 5:00 in the morning ):

I set the trap last night with some marshmallows in it. I always catch something using marshmallows, but nothing last night. Hopefully I will catch that daggum raccon tonight. It will probably be back since he didn't get anything last night.

All the predators are trying to fatten up for the winter, I suppose. We have seen more coyotes (and bigger ones) in the last week, too. Outside the fence, but relatively close. My DH is trying to teach me to shoot the rifle in case the issue arises.

A .223 works well too!!
ep.gif

couldn't find your gun...?

why have one?

good thing it wasn't your life in harms way....

Haha, good point. I knew where it was but usually use it to go hunting. I didn't know it would need it so quick. It was locked away in the closet.

Gotta brag on the boys again. Ever since the raccoon attack happened, one of the roosters has been sleeping in the coop that the raccoon comes in. Usually he sleeps in a different coop. I guess he wants to protect his girls in case he comes back.

I have been using a baby monitor every night, a trap and a keep the porch lights on. Hopefully I will catch him :)

Are your coops completely open? I'm trying to get a sense of your setup. Though roosters are quite valiant in defense of their hens, they are really no match for a determined coon or, as happens often, a family of coons. Personally, I'd find a way to lock them inside so it doesn't matter how many raccoons are roaming around. Hope you catch him, but where there's one, there are others.

Coons are being hit left and right here on the road, and two have been hit right around the bend from our house . . .I hope its the ones that were getting into our attic the past three years and FINALLY sat and watched one eve. and found out where they were getting in and out at. Too small to be seen on the ground, had to see that little head poke out.

What a great couple of guys!! I didn't know until this site that roosters protect their hens. I thought they were just there for the eggs!!!

Hope you catch the varmint. . .coons are so cute to look at, but what predators.

Back
Top Bottom