Not a great start to my kidding season. Pics of new babies!

She is darling! Bundle her up and send her to me. That way you won't get too attached! So sorry you lost three. And all does. What a shame.

She may already be spoken for, if not I'll certainly be rushing to find someone to take her! She's been put on a bottle, so it will be extra tough to let her go.

The dreaded sleepless nights have began, I checked my other girls and one was being odd, so it may be a long night! I just checked to see what day she went last year and it was 146 (I was thinking 149), it's now officially 147!

caf.gif
Ugh...I have spent enough nights on foal watch with a good friend to know what you mean. Good Luck to You!

That goat reminded me of a goat that my mother saved from my father; she went down with a flu, Dad wanted to bop her on the head, but mum protested, and stayed with the goat all night teaching the doe history! By the morning the girl was better, but neither my mother nor the goat talked to my dad for the rest of the day...they called her "Emma" because the letter/number combination on her ear tag was E100, or E-a hundred...sorry I went off topic
hide.gif

Was that the first babies from that particular doe? Did it look like she may have abandoned or hurt the others babies? I only ask because I wonder if you should separate that doe from the others. Oh and I don't know diddly about goats so I was just wondering.

No that was her second kidding, she had twins last year and was a great mom, I still have one. I don't think she hurt them, I think the ear bite was a mistake, sometimes they get carried away while cleaning.

On another note, today I have twins! One boy and one girl, big babies! I've got to go somewhere right now, and my computer is acting up anyway, but I will post pics of them when I get back!

The new babies! The gold and white is the boy, and the black and white is the girl.
026.jpg

015.jpg

003.jpg

006-2.jpg

021.jpg

Ohhhhh! Just beautiful! The little girl should be named Fancy. She has such pretty feathering marks on her head!

I think that would fit her, I really like her, she's way prettier in person!

Now I'm waiting on my chocolate doe Swiss, she's looking close, she real posty and doesn't want to have anything to do w/ me (that's normal for her when she's close, she doesn't like an audience), she has a decent udder, but it normally balloons up just before she kids, and I'm not seeing that yet. Once she goes I'll have another couple of weeks before the next one. I've got my fingers crossed that she gives me twin girls again!

Back
Top Bottom