Not a silkie?

Fmarie1016

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2019
This little one came in with my silkie, I'm pretty sure that's not what she is. She has feathered feet but is not like the others.
20191003_130750.jpg

Haha.
These things happen. I call them happy accidents. It's the same way I got some of my birds.
With those feathered feet, she is probably a mix... (I accidentally got a cochin mix with extra toes. She was an odd one, but I love my 'mystery chicken'.
Can't tell much about her from the angle. How many toes?

Also, they look young. And with that reddish comb, you might have a cockerel.

Hi there, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

From your hatch or hatchery or where?

Hard feathers... not (pure) Silkie for sure. Feathered feet, straight comb, plus beard and muffs, not crested... large fowl, Faverolle... or bantam D'uccle. That's an amazing color! Maybe Porcelain??

If hatched at home... barnyard cross, maybe. :pop

Haha.
These things happen. I call them happy accidents. It's the same way I got some of my birds.
With those feathered feet, she is probably a mix... (I accidentally got a cochin mix with extra toes. She was an odd one, but I love my 'mystery chicken'.
Can't tell much about her from the angle. How many toes?

Also, they look young. And with that reddish comb, you might have a cockerel.
Only four toes, they are between 6 and 8 weeks since I cant remember exactly when I got them. From what I can tell I think the other three are cockerel as well...

Hi there, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

From your hatch or hatchery or where?

Hard feathers... not (pure) Silkie for sure. Feathered feet, straight comb, plus beard and muffs, not crested... large fowl, Faverolle... or bantam D'uccle. That's an amazing color! Maybe Porcelain??

If hatched at home... barnyard cross, maybe. :pop
They are hatchery chicks

Back
Top Bottom