Not a single one of you...

LOL!
You obviously missed my posts about having Vampire Chickens that stayed up all night and slept all day!
I finally had to put the ducks brooder in the tub and close the bathroom door so I could sleep!
They would be quiet JUST long enough for me to fall asleep, then....PARTY TIME!!
I did find that when I had to bring them in this past week, that with the lights off (they don't need them now) they did settle down and were quiet most of the night.

Hmmm... I coulda sworn we mentioned something about earplugs...
hu.gif

LOL! Mine do that too. Now they quiet down when the light go out, but for a while there it was awful. This morning I was doing the rounds, and everyone was peeping so loudly... I stepped outside and the silence was deafening!

frow.gif
How's the Springtime coming???
clap.gif

I hear peeps in my car on the way to work, at my job, and even in my sleep and I know they are asleep b/c i put them to bed first. and i check to make sure. they wake up when I say good morning babies. Have you tried to make it dark. That works really well. They get in a routine as well. Mine are 4weeks old and they got to bed b/t 6:30 and 7:00 and get up around 6:00 am. it has worked really well for them and they are a roddy bunch, tried the light thing all night the first week and it drove me batty. They peeped all NIGHT. I Keep them on the same routine as my outside chickens. They are outside with them all day now, in a seperate playpen as I call it. And it has worked so far.
smile.png
Good Luck..
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I love their peeping! I took a nap this afternoon (after not having slept for days, thank you thank you for the nap!).

It was the first day in a week that both of my little kids napped! When she woke up, the 4 year old told me that the peeping "lulled her to sleep".

As long as it isn't someone screaming, crying or vomiting, my brain seems to tune it out.

(There's been a LOT of screaming crying and vomiting going on all night at my house lately...
sad.png
)

Last edited:
Mine are usually pretty silent but at night when i go in to get ready for bed.....they just start flapping their wings and having these bursts of energies. I usually clean out their water and fill their food up right before i go to bed so that might have something to do with it. They do calm down pretty fast and i don't hear them for the rest of the night.

Mrs AK, its only Spring b'cuz I've got chicks, otherwise, its not yet...tons of snow this year, snowed a bit of cold, dry snow today:/

If those chicks peep any louder as they grow, they'll be upsetting the geese who thought I stole their eggs as I rushed by with the peepsters in their box straight from the Post Office, such loud honkers!!! I guess with all the bird noises, it could still be considered Spring?
smile.png

Don't worry, I work 3rd shift, so mine are up ALL day. My BF gets the peace and quiet at night, but unfortunately due to my backwards schedule, I must suffer. Apparently, mine are party animals too...Ravers, I think.
big_smile.png
But I can't complain, they are all healthy, happy, and obnoxious, and I am getting more tomorrow!!!
wink.png

My 6 are party animals too...but they were in our bathroom and hubby and I did not mind at all. If they got quiet...one of us was up and checking on them.
big_smile.png

Now at 6 weeks old thay 'sing' a lot and it does not bother us either.

Much more adaptable than a parrot screeching...I have owned those too. WOW.

annrich, I did see how they were after the bugs:)

Last night was pretty quiet, I added regular water to their sugar water so they weren't all hyped up, zooming and flying around like they were the first night. I can't believe how fast they change in one day or night! One little RIR already has tail feathers! None of the girls have that, they have "braids" with free flowing ends, four on each fluffy butt, what style, eh? Not sure if the other RIR is a roo but am suspecting its a pullet as it doesn't have anything to show on the hiny, style wise since it was the one w/the pasty butt so bad. Its doing well though and I could spend entire 24 hours a day watching them;)

Better get off to work...so I can afford to feed the farm yard!

Back
Top Bottom