Not a single one of you...

snowydiamonds

Songster
11 Years
Feb 9, 2008
On top of the world in Alaska
mentioned, even once, the warning! How could you fail to warn us? Those lil peepsters throw huge head banging, hard rock PARTIES all night long...especially their first night home!

8 am, they are all laid flat out, face down in the floor, dead to the world...
lol.png

And you say Buff Orps are mellow, easy going, etc?!?
They are are ROCKERS! Party till you puke kinda Chicks!!! I'm warning you now...they are throwing wild parties while you (try to) sleep!

in my experience,,as long as they are warm enough, and fed enough,,they are usually quiet enough,,,every once in a while you get a big mouth,,,,
you got a whole box of them?? lol

haha, just wait until you get one that is a Mama's boy and cries all night, all day....
roll.png
That, and I kid you not, lasted for 4 days. The only time it would stop is when I would walk over to the brooder so the baby could see me or I held it. After the 4th day it finally quit because I added in 8 more. It had it's sister as a partner, but I guess that wasn't enough attention.

I had a cardboard brooder beside the bed once and only woke up when they got too quite.

Don't worry, you should get used to it. OR lose your mind and buy more chicks.
big_smile.png

Matt

Poor Snowy!

I thought ours would keep us up all night, especially with Mr. Meanie throwing a fit in solitary, but they all crashed. The were tired little peeps. It looked like a baby chick Jonestown when I looked in the brooder this morning, but they all woke up and were fine.
jumpy.gif

Hang in there, I'm sure they'll settle down eventually. Maybe you ought to slip a little beer in their waterer - it might make them pass out faster!
gig.gif

LOL My chicks weren't too bad. I slept right through them. The ducks are another story. Awoke at 2 am by a duckling making lots of noise as it was running around the bathroom trying to find it's buddies as it got out of the box somehow. LOL

they are little partyers my guy seem especially love it when im trying to go to be love to peek and peck at the tube with loud banging im dieing for a normal night of sleep ow well what we do out of love
smile.png

My chicks are learning to roost, and Coconut just cannot get the hang of flapping up a few more inches to get on the roost.. so while the other 4 are up there, she stands below them peeping her little head off.. Last night, I put her on the roost myself twice, and then I just gave up!! I think she peeped herself to sleep!
D.gif

I think its the sugar water I was told to give them the first two days to help them recouperate from the stress of getting here.

They sure are busy lil things, investigating every thing, using their lil wings, tugging on the branch for a perch, pecking at the cardboard surround the bottom of the cage...

I think I'll take the sugar water away and replace it w/plain water tonight! I think it really helped the two w/the pasty butts upon arrival but the others may have not needed that extra energy.

I know what you mean about Jonestowning- it scared me this morning to see them all laid out like that...silly lil creatures. As much as they are eating and drinking, I wouldn't be surprised to wake up tomorrow and find them full grown:lol:

I think its the first time ever my 19 y/o daughter missed a work out at the gym, she "babysat" and held chicks while I was at gardening class for two hours:p
Picture001.jpg
Time to wake up! Wake up!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom